Main Menu

1st CAP Meeting

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, May 05, 2009, 05:11:27 AM

gistek

If his unit is like the one I'm in, C/AB's can participate in a SAREX if they've passed their GES. Depending on the scenario, they might be restricted to base, but there are lots of things they can do.

For instance, they can:
help copy radio messages
assist at the sign-in desk
run messages
and be a go-fer anywhere except the aircraft ramp or taxiway

Most of our SAREX's also have side training activiities so instead of just waiting to be deployed, the ground teams work on GTM & GTL tasks.

ßτε

Except that Curry is a prerequisite for GES. A cadet cannot have a GES until they have finished the Curry Achievement.

davidsinn

Quote from: bte on June 17, 2009, 04:02:21 PM
Except that Curry is a prerequisite for GES. A cadet cannot have a GES until they have finished the Curry Achievement.

And thus can not be at a SAREX.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ßτε

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 06:07:06 AMIn other news, I have Completed my LL1, PT Test, Drill, and Moral Leadership. This upcoming SAREX will count as an activity and that will finish my check list. This June 30th I should be getting Promoted to Cadet Airman. :D

I think you squadron leadership might be misinterpreting the activities requirement for the Curry achievement. I could be wrong, but the way I understand it is that you do not necessarily need to attend an activity for each achievement, but instead need to participate actively in squadron meetings and in squadron activities for which you are able. Since you should not participate in a SAREX unless you have a GES rating, which requires the Curry achievement, I can't see how that could be a requirement for your Curry achievement.

By the way, great job on all you have done in such a short time.

C/MSgt Lunsford

My Commanding Officer told me that I would be able to partake in this upcoming SAREX. And Yes, if you actively come to meetings then you can use that as your activity. But. My CO said that I would be able to participate in a SAREX as log as have my 101 Card.
Quote from: PhoenixCadet on June 17, 2009, 06:33:25 AM
Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 06:07:06 AM
I am sewing my Patches onto my BDUs at 2:06 in the morning.

Uh - why?

For SAREX. 

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
My Commanding Officer told me that I would be able to partake in this upcoming SAREX. And Yes, if you actively come to meetings then you can use that as your activity. But. My CO said that I would be able to participate in a SAREX as log as have my 101 Card.

Uh - why?

For SAREX.

Your 101 will show up as invalid if Curry has not been put into the system.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 07:27:17 PM

Uh - why?

For SAREX.

Then why would they be letting me come?

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:31:20 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 07:27:17 PM

Uh - why?

For SAREX.

Then why would they be letting me come?

Occam's razor: He either A) doesn't know the reg or B) is willfully violating it or C) you will be promoted before this weekend.

I hope that the answer is C.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

C/MSgt Lunsford

I hope to dear God that it is "C"

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:36:05 PM

I just looked you up in ops quals and it doesn't show GES yet. So your Curry has not been entered as of now, 19:40z. If you try and print you 101, it will say invalid on it. You might want to bring this up to your commander, otherwise you will most likely be sent home from the SAREX when you try to sign in.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 07:39:08 PM

I just looked you up in ops quals and it doesn't show GES yet. So your Curry has not been entered as of now, 19:40z. If you try and print you 101, it will say invalid on it. You might want to bring this up to your commander, otherwise you will most likely be sent home from the SAREX when you try to sign in.

I will call him up, and it might be what gistek said:
Quote from: gistek on June 17, 2009, 03:57:35 PM
If his unit is like the one I'm in, C/AB's can participate in a SAREX if they've passed their GES. Depending on the scenario, they might be restricted to base, but there are lots of things they can do.

For instance, they can:
help copy radio messages
run messages

Most of our SAREX's also have side training activiities so instead of just waiting to be deployed, the ground teams work on GTM & GTL tasks.

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:44:33 PM

I will call him up, and it might be what gistek said:
Quote from: gistek on June 17, 2009, 03:57:35 PM

For instance, they can:
help copy radio messages
run messages

What he said violates the regs. You must have Curry to get GES. You must have GES to participate in ES. Thus you must have Curry to participate in ES. There is no legal way around it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

C/MSgt Lunsford

Ok, I guess I will have to make some phone calls.

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:54:49 PM

Good luck. If you meet all the requirements for Curry then a promotion would be the easiest thing to do.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

BillB

Looking at the first post, he meets all requirements for the Currey. It coiuld be the Squadron is waiting to hold all promotion ceremonies later this month. But still the Currey should be entered in eservices now so the Currey and GES shows up.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 07:56:26 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 07:54:49 PM

Good luck. If you meet all the requirements for Curry then a promotion would be the easiest thing to do.

Do you think I could still make it to this Saturdays SAREX?

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

You have access to my info. Ok. I thought it was restricted to my Squadron Commanders. That shows what I don't know.  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 08:12:32 PM

You have access to my info. Ok. I thought it was restricted to my Squadron Commanders. That shows what I don't know.  ;D

Everyone can do what I just did in e-services. All it told me was you have completed Opsec.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

BrandonKea

Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 08:22:49 PM

Everyone can do what I just did in e-services. All it told me was you have completed Opsec.

Although posting if for the world was probably not the smartest move... That's why we have PM's.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: BrandonKea on June 17, 2009, 10:17:02 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on June 17, 2009, 08:22:49 PM

Although posting if for the world was probably not the smartest move... That's why we have PM's.

I didn't post anything OPSEC or PERSEC. I merely told him about something any CAP member can do. You must be a member in good standing and have an account. I don't see what the problem is?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn