Main Menu

Cadet Safety Officer

Started by link, November 13, 2007, 09:04:42 PM

Thrashed

There is a written "job description" coming for cadet safety officer as well as some uniform "badge" or something to note the cadet's position.  Who knows how long that will take?

Save the triangle thingy

davidsinn

Quote from: Thrash on November 16, 2010, 11:53:07 PM
There is a written "job description" coming for cadet safety officer

Awesome, bring it on

Quoteas well as some uniform "badge" or something to note the cadet's position.

I hope that's your attempt at dark humor...

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

There is a written "job description" coming for cadet safety officer as well as some uniform "badge" or something to note the cadet's position.  Who knows how long that will take?

Why would there be a badge?  There isn't a badge for senior safety officers, it's just a job posting.

I can see this at the unit level, but the Group will be difficult and the wing impossible to have a cadet have any sort of meaningful
impact on the program.

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

For a change, I concur with Eclipse.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Thrashed

Quoteas well as some uniform "badge" or something to note the cadet's position.

I hope that's your attempt at dark humor...
[/quote]

No humor, just posting what I read in the last Safety Beacon.   :)

Save the triangle thingy

Thrashed

Quote from: Eclipse on November 17, 2010, 01:04:50 AM

Why would there be a badge?  There isn't a badge for senior safety officers, it's just a job posting.

I can see this at the unit level, but the Group will be difficult and the wing impossible to have a cadet have any sort of meaningful
impact on the program.

You'll have to ask National. The safety specialty track has safety badges for each level.  I'd expect something similair, but who knows until they figure it out.
http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_390_412_413

Save the triangle thingy

ßτε

If they get any badge, I'm sure it will be the Basic Safety badge, just like cadets can currently earn the communications badge.

Eclipse

Quote from: Thrash on November 17, 2010, 01:57:10 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 17, 2010, 01:04:50 AM

impact on the program.

You'll have to ask National. The safety specialty track has safety badges for each level.  I'd expect something similair, but who knows until they figure it out.
http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_390_412_413

The safety and comm badges are for professional development, not staff postings.

Other than commander, there are no CAP badges that denote a staff job, and though I'd have to recheck, I don't believe there are currently any staff postings which require the commensurate PD rating - encourage, yes, require, no.

"That Others May Zoom"

DBlair

I'm glad this topic was posted...

A few members recently mentioned that Cadets will soon be allowed to earn a Tech rating in Safety and earn the Safety Badge. Supposedly this was mentioned in some safety newsletter. Is there any truth to this?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

viperred396

Quote from: DBlair on November 18, 2010, 01:03:14 AM
I'm glad this topic was posted...

A few members recently mentioned that Cadets will soon be allowed to earn a Tech rating in Safety and earn the Safety Badge. Supposedly this was mentioned in some safety newsletter. Is there any truth to this?

Heres what it said in the Oct. issue of The Safety Beacon
"Training for cadet safety officers will model the technician level safety officer specialty track. The adding of safety bling to the CAP uniform has yet to be determined by the uniform committee, but is on the horizon"