Main Menu

Stan/Eval Duty Position

Started by Chicago_Pilot, August 18, 2009, 03:38:06 AM

Chicago_Pilot

My unit just assigned me as the assistant to our Stan/Eval Officer.  I am familiar with the Stan/Eval specialty track, but I can't find much information on what this duty position entails at the unit level.

Of course, I am starting by setting up some time with the current Stan/Eval officer to learn more about the role.  However, I was hoping to find some documentation somewhere on what duties are involved.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Camas

You'll find some useful information in CAPR20-1 page 28. Also check with your operations officer along with the stan/eval officer in your unit to find out what's expected of you. You stated you're planning on doing this; that's a good first start. Get to know the 60 series of regulations frontwards and backwards. Good luck in your new assignment.

SarDragon

Take a look at the CAPP200 series stuff, too. They cover progression in the associated PD tracks.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cecil DP

Standards and Evaluation Officer ensures that all Flight and Ground Crews  qualifications are current and to ensure that if not they are not on a mission roster or performing in any capacity other than trainee. Some of the things he will track are CAPF5's, Medicals, Membership expirations, etc. If at the Squadron a lot of the things you are doing is already covered by the Wing.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

flyguy06

The Stan Evalperson gives form 5 checkrides and ensures pilots records are in order. and pilots are meeting standards

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Airrace

Chicago_Pilot

Thanks all, this is a good amount of information to get me started.