Main Menu

New CAP Photo ID

Started by Pylon, February 21, 2005, 06:41:48 PM

Eclipse

Good catch, Sir!   :clap:

The forest for the trees...the forest for the trees...

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: SarDragon on February 06, 2006, 07:53:49 AM
But haven't you seen all the posts on here and CadetStuff that tell us these new cards are intended for SENIOR MEMBERS ONLY? You sig indicates that you are currently a cadet.

No need for us to get all territorial about the ID cards.   I honestly don't care who gets them, so long as that's what NHQ decides is best.  If you all log in to E-Servies, and click on the link to sign up for the ID card, it says right there (with my emphasis added):

Quote from: E-Services
The CAP National Board recently approved an optional picture membership card for senior and cadet members.  The cost of this optional card is $4.00.  We are still awaiting Air Force approval on the design but as soon as approval is received will begin working with a contractor to procure these cards.  Specifications for the type and file size of photos will be forthcoming.  If you pre-purchase your card now you will be first in line to receive this new card when it is available!  Your card will be charged at the time of purchase.  Delivery of your new card is anticipated to be during the fourth quarter of FY06 , barring any delays from the vendor.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Matt

But haven't you seen all the posts on here and CadetStuff that tell us these new cards are intended for SENIOR MEMBERS ONLY? You sig indicates that you are currently a cadet.

I just clicked on it, it may have changed, but what I see is:

Quote from: CAPNHQ
The CAP National Board recently approved an optional picture membership card for senior and cadet members.  The cost of this optional card is $4.00.  We are still awaiting Air Force approval on the design but as soon as approval is received will begin working with a contractor to procure these cards.  Specifications for the type and file size of photos will be forthcoming.  If you pre-purchase your card now you will be first in line to receive this new card when it is available!    Your card will be charged at the time of purchase.  Delivery of your new card is anticipated to be during the fourth quarter of FY06   , barring any delays from the vendor.

I was intrigued because I thought it was only for SMs, but according to the site, which is often changed, it says both.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Eclipse

Quote from: Matt on February 06, 2006, 02:42:11 PM

I just clicked on it, it may have changed, but what I see is:

Quote from: CAPNHQ
The CAP National Board recently approved an optional picture membership card for senior and cadet members.  The cost of this optional card is $4.00.  We are still awaiting Air Force approval on the design but as soon as approval is received will begin working with a contractor to procure these cards.  Specifications for the type and file size of photos will be forthcoming.  If you pre-purchase your card now you will be first in line to receive this new card when it is available!    Your card will be charged at the time of purchase.  Delivery of your new card is anticipated to be during the fourth quarter of FY06   , barring any delays from the vendor.

I was intrigued because I thought it was only for SMs, but according to the site, which is often changed, it says both.

I think its silly to not allow it for cadets - they need ID as much as seniors.  Perhaps there are legal issues with ID for minors.

Unless they are doing this with more secrecy than the Manhattan Project, nothing's been approved and no vendors have been chosen.  Man do I hope we're wrong on this.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

OK, my bust. I hadn't actually clicked the link, because I want to wait until I see something more concrete than a URL on a web page.

That said, they may have trotted this out a bit early to see what kind of response there will be. YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Eclipse on February 05, 2006, 03:49:11 AM
That link showed up and one of my guys called NHQ.  The personnel directorate was unaware there was any link, there is no ID currently even approved yet, and no timetable for the process.

Sorry...

Ok, well, I just got an e-mail back from the CAPNHQ.GOV domain webmaster and here's the response I got:

Quote from: CAPNHQ.GOV WEBMASTERSir,

The new Membership Picture ID application is available for use online.

Katrina C. Jackson
Chief, Software Development
Voice: (334) 953-2479 
Fax:    (334) 953-5296
DSN:   493-2479

Eclipse

Yes - the application is up, but there is nothing to buy.

Ask her directly when the ID was approved and when they will ship.

"That Others May Zoom"

Earhart1971

I think Photo IDs are great. Whatever form they take is fine.

It also gives member more of a sense of belonging.

I also don't see why AF Pass and ID at each base cannot provide them.

OOPS, never mind about AF comment, LOL!

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Eclipse on February 10, 2006, 01:18:45 AM
Yes - the application is up, but there is nothing to buy.

Ask her directly when the ID was approved and when they will ship.

We know now that it also actually charges your card, too.

http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?p=104431#104431

afgeo4

Do you thing maybe they're trying to collect the funds so they can pay off the appropriate Air Force personnel to get this approved?  Perhaps this is our version of the 767 Tanker acquisition deal?  Maybe they're just trying to figure out if we CAP members are willing to ACTUALLY pay for nothing?  I mean the fact that we renew our memberships to buy uniforms and do work for free should have cleared up that question, but maybe they're still not sure?

Yeah, considering what happened with the prior "CAP approved, waiting for USAF approval" ID cards I'll pass.  Call me when the thing gets made and then I'll give them my CC #.
GEORGE LURYE

jacklumanog

I realize that this issue has been pretty much beaten to death, but I wasn't sure if everyone finally caught the latest on this whole photo ID card.

In case you missed it in your e-mail, MG Pineda informed everyone that the photo ID card has been approved by USAF. It's the library card design unfortunately. See the General's remarks here along with a brief screen shot of the new and approved ID card:

http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_web_version.cfm?
recipient_id=22135435&message_id=160445&user_id=CivilAir

Take care all!
Ch, Lt Col Jon I. Lumanog, CAP
Special Assistant to the National Chief of Chaplains for Diversity of Ministry

md132

I also liked the idea of a photo ID.  It really doesn't matter what it looks like.  A photo ID is a photo ID.

Also I wasn't charged for the ID as of yet.  I pre-purchased it a month ago and it hasn't appeared on my statement. 

All I can say to everyone is to be patient.  There is still the CAPF 19A, or you can still use your membership card with a picture ID. 

Major_Chuck

Quote from: md132 on March 11, 2006, 01:54:39 AM
I also liked the idea of a photo ID.  It really doesn't matter what it looks like.  A photo ID is a photo ID.

Also I wasn't charged for the ID as of yet.  I pre-purchased it a month ago and it hasn't appeared on my statement. 

All I can say to everyone is to be patient.  There is still the CAPF 19A, or you can still use your membership card with a picture ID. 

I ordered one as well.  According to my credit card statement I've been billed for it.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Any further rumors amuk indicating when these pre-ordered cards might hit the streets?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Pylon on March 15, 2006, 05:34:25 AM
Any further rumors amuk indicating when these pre-ordered cards might hit the streets?

Well, according to the notes sent out by my wing commander (and hearing this from CadetStuff, as well), within the next two-three months.

BillB

Got an email notification from Knowledgebase. USAF approved the photo ID.  Here is the link National provided.

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/capnhq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1634&p_created=1117721370
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major_Chuck

I would venture a safe guess would be sometime this fall for delivery of the cards.  I haven't however seen any direction on the 'official photo' they want used.  I would hope people would submit a headshot with them in one of our MANY uniform combinations.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Eclipse

My Wing CC's notes said April / May, Group Legal says May - I vote May.

Photos will be those posted on eServices, approved by your unit CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nick

You know... NHQ is making this big push for photo ID cards, and I have yet to see one official announcement from them with a sample of the ID.  I know the sample is running around the unofficial channels, but c'mon now.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

alexalvarez

Hello Capt. Nicholas Mclarty, I use to be a cadet with the San Antonio Composite Squadron (now Lackland Cadet Squadron).  I am also curious about the new cap photo ID.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014