Main Menu

squadron transfer

Started by star1151, March 26, 2008, 11:15:42 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: star1151 on April 04, 2008, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 04, 2008, 06:30:49 PM
Yes, likely the xfer process will be addressed by a new unit CC as a move issue, though don't be shocked if the new unit CC calls your old unit CC, its something I encourage mine to do. 

Changing your zip code should not be an easy pass for people who can't work and play well with  others.

That's a rather large assumption when you don't know any of the story, don't you think?  In reality, I wasn't playing *at all*, hence the reason for wanting a transfer.  I haven't given any specifics here, but it's stuff that would frustrate anyone.

No, its not.

That statement was not intended as a comment on whatever your particular situation is/was.  There are plenty of instances where members have non-trivial behavior or performance issues they think the can wash away with a transfer, as if every unit is an island.

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2008, 02:20:06 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 04, 2008, 06:30:49 PM
Yes, likely the xfer process will be addressed by a new unit CC as a move issue, though don't be shocked if the new unit CC calls your old unit CC, its something I encourage mine to do. 

Changing your zip code should not be an easy pass for people who can't work and play well with  others.

That's a rather large assumption when you don't know any of the story, don't you think?  In reality, I wasn't playing *at all*, hence the reason for wanting a transfer.  I haven't given any specifics here, but it's stuff that would frustrate anyone.

No, its not.

That statement was not intended as a comment on whatever your particular situation is/was.  There are plenty of instances where members have non-trivial behavior or performance issues they think the can wash away with a transfer, as if every unit is an island.

I would think any issues your unit has with you would transfer with you in your files and your new unit CC would be aware of this via email/telephone and it would be up to the new unit CC from that point on.

Short Field

Old CC has no issues with me, in fact, it turns out his reason for denying the transfer was for me to give his unit another chance.  He has nothing bad to say about me at all.

When a member gives up on a unit, the old CC should have the good grace to wish them well and let them transfer.  If the old CC had been serious about addressing the member's issues, then the old CC would have had an immediate discussion with the member to resolve the issues.   If the member still wants to transfer, the old CC should have approved it.

CAP shouldn't be playing STOP LOSS.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640