Squadron Officer School online

Started by IceNine, December 31, 2007, 12:50:14 AM

IceNine

Does anyone know the registration procedure for the SOS Course 28 (online) information?

their website says you must be a Capt. select in CAP, and Non-USAF military (Sister Service military, Civil Air Patrol and US Civil Service employees) must request enrollment through local base Education and Training Office"

Thanks all
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

O-Rex

IceNine

yeah I got that far, I'm lost on the fact that is says registration is through the local base education and training office.

Is this the wing PDO? or someone at Nationals? or some other random avenue?

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: IceNine on December 31, 2007, 10:32:06 PM
yeah I got that far, I'm lost on the fact that is says registration is through the local base education and training office.

Is this the wing PDO? or someone at Nationals? or some other random avenue?

CAP members wishing to take SOS via correspondence (Course 00028 A-E) need to fill out an AU IMT 23 online. You must be in the grade of Captain (no such thing as a Captain-select in CAP, that's RealAirForce®) to be eligible for the course. Once you are enrolled by the ECI registrar, they forward the request to the SOS registrar, who enrolls you in the online CDSAR database. Takes about a week, maybe less before they shoot you an e-mail with the login information.

This allows you to read the course material online, download hardcopies of the material and request testing. You will need to take the course exams at either the base education and training office; or if that avenue is not available, take the test under the proctoring of the state director or designated TCO at wing headquarters. If that option is not available, the test may be taken at your local squadron under the direction of TCOs appointed by the state director.

You've got a year and a half to complete all five volumes, and all must be passed with a 65% or better score.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

IceNine

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4