Main Menu

Squadron Officer School

Started by Murphy, May 18, 2013, 04:54:49 PM

Murphy

Has anyone successfully enrolled in the new version of Squadron Officer School through Air University?  I am referring to MSOS003, not course 20.  I have followed the instructions on the capmembers website to create an AU account and contacted National but they have yet to receive anything from AU.  This reminds me of my experience trying to enroll in the old SOS last year.  Any tips to expedite the process would be appreciated.

arajca

Have you contacted the AU helpdesk? I had to do that for the old course 20 to get a login.

Murphy

I have successfully established an account on the AU site.  When I attempt to register for SOS I get an error message that states that I do not meet the grade eligibility for the course.  It is my understanding that this is the point where AU is supposed to send a message to CAP NHQ to verify eligibility to enroll.

Storm Chaser

I did mine in residence in 2010, so I can't help you there. I've heard that the online/correspondence course has changed a bit in the last few years. I'm actually getting ready to enroll in ACSC, which I heard just changed as well; instead of tests, you have interactive discussions and have to write papers. That's how SOS was for me.

GroundHawg

I will be doing this as soon as I pin Captain, so it will be interesting to follow this thread and see what the responses are. I cant wait for the opportunity!

spacecommand

What order are you doing things in? Did you sign up for an AU account first then notified NHQ?  Did NHQ ask you to send in your transcripts?

I think the order of things is: first contact NHQ, NHQ will ask you to send in proof of your bachelors degree, then wait for instructions after.  I think NHQ will then work with AU in establishing an account for you.

The capmembers website says:

QuoteAir Force Squadron Officer School (SOS) Enrollment NEW:

Contact CAP NHQ at prodev@capnhq.gov for instructions on how to enroll in the course. 

You can find out additional information on the Squadron Officer School course at http://www.au.af.mil/au/soc/msos003.html. 
Do not enroll in the course through this site until instructed to by CAP NHQ.

Murphy

Thanks, that's interesting.  The instructions have changed since I called last month.  Imagine that.

Murphy

I'm in!  I'll report back when I'm done.