Main Menu

Intro to safety-new memo

Started by davidsinn, April 20, 2011, 11:08:45 PM

davidsinn

https://www.capnhq.gov/news/Documents/Safety%20Memo-Intro%20to%20CAP%20Safety%20April%202011.pdf

I find it interesting that they are allowing SMs to take the test on paper only during a six week period. After that you must use it through eServices or you basically can not be a member. Anybody else getting really tired of the heavy handedness about the useless safety training?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ol'fido

Can we now officially call "CAP Safety Training" a CISM issue? >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JC004

I can't read it.  The random logo usage (in this case, the patch) annoys me too much. 

Eclipse

The ability to take it on paper is an exception being made for those who, for some reason, can seem to take 15 minutes online and get this done, not the go-forward procedure.

As tired as I am of all the background noise about ORM and safety, I am equally tired of the 50% effort being expended for 10% of the membership who likely aren't active anyway.

Like it or not, without internet access of some kind, you can't be a successful CAP member.  Whether it is online training, access to various tools, or simply being informed in a timely manner.  Such is the world we live in.

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Eclipse on April 21, 2011, 01:39:11 AM
The ability to take it on paper is an exception being made for those who, for some reason, can seem to take 15 minutes online and get this done, not the go-forward procedure.

As tired as I am of all the background noise about ORM and safety, I am equally tired of the 50% effort being expended for 10% of the membership who likely aren't active anyway.

Like it or not, without internet access of some kind, you can't be a successful CAP member.  Whether it is online training, access to various tools, or simply being informed in a timely manner.  Such is the world we live in.
So you are very sure that we are talking about/only 10% of the CAP population that will have to be basically dismissed from being an active member ???  (I think it's more likely 25% of the membership).

I do agree with you that internet access in today world is "required" in order to get any information in a timely manner.  I had one senior member who wanted to be in comm/ES comms but didn't want anyone to have the member's email address and wouldn't put it on the data base in e services.  Also didn't have a cellphone phone.  Just call me at home if you need me.  One time 2 days later I got a return call, the individual forgot to check their phone answering machine.  My attitude "see ya later", "don't need you, find something else to do in CAP >:(

I do think they went just a bit too crazy with all these requirements >:(.  Fortunately though the letter gave a great website they developed with power point presentation that would greatly help everyone.
http://www.capmembers.com/safety/safety_education/
Hopefully they will add more to this website. :clap:

HOWEVER, frankly I really don't remember all the steps in ORM, maybe the back of the new CAP ID cards needs to have the steps listed.

RM