Log Safety Briefing module does not appear to be an option

Started by Eclipse, July 13, 2010, 08:20:17 PM

Eclipse

I am a CC and posted as Asst. SE, but don't appear to have access to this new(er) module.

I can get to the reports and viewed the first briefing, but I can't enter the participation of my staff, which is going to cause issues
with their participation soon, and they are all showing as overdue.

Who assigns those rights?  Or am I not looking in the right place?

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Eclipse

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 13, 2010, 08:21:41 PM
If you're the CC, wouldn't it be you?

That's what I would have guessed, but history has shown that my wing tends to not unlock things until asked, and I don't think
we're yet at full positional-based rights at the national level.

I've granted myself everything I can click in the WSA module.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Must be your wing, I just went into eServices on the right side "CAP Safety Breifings" and can do it for my squadron.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Found it - Under "Restricted My Favorites - CAP Safety Briefings"

As I assigned myself some rights in the process as well as asked staff both at the wing and left a message for the NHQ Helpdesk, I don't know for sure if a new box was checked or I am just blind, but it works now.

Seems pretty well done and simple to use.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

I think it works great for squadrons that do safety briefing once a month. The system goes wild when you have multiple safety briefings in a month, with multiple briefings I am not sure if the logs will track the attendants correctly, but it sure is messed up with the different reports.

Eclipse

For this purpose should multiples be listed? 

Since this is about compliance, I would think the first one of the month would be enough, assuming everyone was actually there.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

My understanding is that members needs to attend a monthly safety briefing, or they can't participate in activities. If they attend a special briefing, but not the single one entered in eServices, where does that leave them on compliance?

Any safety officers out there run into this yet?

Eclipse

I know that any safety briefing, properly entered, puts they in compliance until the end of the following month.
I don't think it matters what type it is.  I noticed a number of my people had achieved compliance via a day-1 encampment
briefing, or at a flight academy.

"That Others May Zoom"