Form 27 Turnaround - place your bets!

Started by dwb, October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PM

dwb

Well, it's official -- I've been waiting more than two months for the CAPF 27 to be processed for the change of command that happened in August.  As of today, I'm still listed as the Commander of my unit.  It's been 64 days since I sent the form to my Group CC.  Last I knew, it was still sitting at Wing.

So, CAP Talk boys and girls, place your bets!  Like The Price is Right, the person who has the closest guess, without going over, wins.  How many more days will it take?

I check e-Services every business day, so I should be able to provide an accurate answer.  The winner gets nothing, except the satisfaction of knowing they won.  ;D

SarDragon

It's probably still sitting at wing. I've had occasion to submit three of these in the last year, and they were all processed in less than two weeks. The problem isn't at NHQ.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

whatevah

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PMI check e-Services every business day, so I should be able to provide an accurate answer.
hehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

PWK-GT

Don't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month. "A watched pot never boils", I guess. I'm one of those "# # people w/out a life" too I guess.......I check every day. I've already gotten the certificate, so it ain't all bad. ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Quote from: whatevah on October 26, 2005, 01:52:23 AMhehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)

Ha!  I only check it every day when I'm really expecting something.  Otherwise, I only login if I expect to see something different (a new member, who didn't renew, etc.)

Quote from: jessiebear on October 26, 2005, 04:05:25 AMDon't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month.

A month?  Bah!  Mine took about four months, and it's been known to take longer.  Apparently, our Wing AE person only sends them in a few times a year, because they appear in batches in CAP News.

pixelwonk

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 26, 2005, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: whatevah on October 26, 2005, 01:52:23 AMhehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)

Ha!  I only check it every day when I'm really expecting something.  Otherwise, I only login if I expect to see something different (a new member, who didn't renew, etc.)

Quote from: jessiebear on October 26, 2005, 04:05:25 AMDon't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month.

A month?  Bah!  Mine took about four months, and it's been known to take longer.  Apparently, our Wing AE person only sends them in a few times a year, because they appear in batches in CAP News.

four months?  bah!  that's a mere heartbeat.  I waited 11 months for mine and a year for the cert.   :D 
Serves me right for taking it online the month that the test was made available that way.

PWK-GT

Well, my AE Officer claims to send them to National at the end of every month.....and I submitted mine 2 weeks before the end of LAST month....we'll just have to see! ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Glad to know this Yeager thing is a problem elsewhere, too.  It's tough, because I always encourage people to take the test, then they do, and a better part of a year goes by with no recognition.

Still listed as CC.  I think SarDragon's estimate may have been too optimistic!

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 27, 2005, 02:01:44 PM

I think your change of command being processed would make an excellent Christmas present.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

PWK-GT

Quote from: Pylon on October 27, 2005, 02:31:23 PM
Quote from: justin_bailey on October 27, 2005, 02:01:44 PM

I think your change of command being processed would make an excellent Christmas present.  ;)
Or a really nice retirement gift............ ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Good point, as my membership does expire in December . . .

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey
Good point, as my membership does expire in December . . .

Don't leave us, Dan!   :o

I need a DCC for Fulton...   >:D ;D

JJ

Dan is not going to Fulton!

>:D

It is bad enough that your up there!
JJ Jones, Capt, CAP
Commander, NER-NY-135

JJ

Wait a minute...

Mike, aren't you the DCC in Fulton?

Are you looking for the exit already?
JJ Jones, Capt, CAP
Commander, NER-NY-135

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on October 28, 2005, 12:55:17 PMI need a DCC for Fulton...   >:D ;D

Ha!  No way, Jose!

I wouldn't leave CAP, but I would let my membership lapse if I were still listed as the Commander, just to bring it to the attention of NHQ.  ;D

groundpounder

Dan,

The problem is not at NHQ, it's at Wing.

I've spoken with several people over the last few months that are having problems much greater than yours. It's becoming a real moral problem that hopefully will be rectified before we start losing good people.

Sadly, the people that are being hurt the worst are those that are in leadership positions such as yourself. Not a good situation.

Pylon

Quote from: JJ on October 28, 2005, 03:23:24 PM

Wait a minute...

Mike, aren't you the DCC in Fulton?

Are you looking for the exit already?

Exit already?  Of course, JJ.  My acceptance of that DCC position was with the understanding it was temporary until I could find and train a replacement.  Heck, if I can recruit Dan, I can skip the training.  ;)

Quote from: justin_bailey
Ha!  No way, Jose!

I wouldn't leave CAP, but I would let my membership lapse if I were still listed as the Commander, just to bring it to the attention of NHQ.  ;D

Haha, now that would be amusing! 

I can see the membership services person at NHQ now, noticing that the commander's membership was lapsing and scurrying around to call you.  Of course, you'd thoroughly enjoy telling them, "Nope. I'm actually not the commander but thanks for the personal renewal notice."   ;D