What are the rules - Squadron Rosters / Telephone & email lists / Phone trees?

Started by OldGuy, November 12, 2017, 03:56:50 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 30, 2017, 03:31:56 PMFrom what I have seen, the people complaining about not being informed are most likely the same people that don't read their emails and don't pay attention when announcements are read during a meeting.

Yep - that or their emails are so cluttered with junk it's unmanageable, and somehow that means they
need special consideration in all things regarding "notifications".

If you have 25K unread messages in your in box, that >is< a problem, but it's not mine.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 30, 2017, 03:31:56 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 28, 2017, 04:21:57 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on November 28, 2017, 04:14:20 PMIt is great for passing information down to members and their families.  It also automatically put the emails on our website so the information was archived and easily searchable.  We could see how many opened the emails and for a fee would could get the email addresses of those who opened the email.  We never saw the need to pay the fee though.

Google Analytics are the bane of the "can't be bothered" crowd.

"Did everyone read the email I sent regarding the new 70-1"?

"Yes, teacher".

"Actually, you didn't, here's the list of those who did, and how long each of you spent
reading the document...please make sure you are fully briefed on this before the
next meeting."

Can be used for EEO, non-disc, party invites, whatever. It's insidious.

That happened more than once too.  I would ask a group of over 35 cadets and SM if their read an email on "_____" and nearly every one would raise their hand but the stats showed that the message was only read by about 10 people.  Then there are also the people that only seem to get some emails (a whole other discussion).  From what I have seen, the people complaining about not being informed are most likely the same people that don't read their emails and don't pay attention when announcements are read during a meeting.

I like the "Respond with the Challenge Word: xxxxxxxxx" and seeing who replied.

For example:
"Response with the Challenge Word: 'Raptor' that you Acknowledge and Understand this email."

I'll get:
"Raptor"
"Raptor"
"Got it. Thanks."  :o

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2017, 03:46:22 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on November 30, 2017, 03:31:56 PMFrom what I have seen, the people complaining about not being informed are most likely the same people that don't read their emails and don't pay attention when announcements are read during a meeting.

Yep - that or their emails are so cluttered with junk it's unmanageable, and somehow that means they
need special consideration in all things regarding "notifications".

If you have 25K unread messages in your in box, that >is< a problem, but it's not mine.

So true. Had a cadet yesterday (C/CMSgt...been in for 6 years...what does that tell you...) who told me yesterday he has his phone auto-prioritize squadron emails, and doesn't read the others. Ooooooookay  :clap: ::)