McChord Rack Builder Passes 1.3 Million!

Started by baronet68, June 27, 2021, 08:41:51 PM

baronet68

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/

Established in 2004, McChord's Ribbon Rack Builder has become the go-to resource for CAP members across the nation. It just passed a mini-milestone having now assembled more than 1.3 million ribbon racks!

In addition to building your ribbon current rack, showing the proper arrangements for miniature medals, or planning ahead for your future accomplishments, the McChord Rack Builder also has a historical page showing awards and ribbon designs from CAP's past. You can choose any year from CAP's history to see what awards were available back then... a great tool for CAP Historians looking to create historically accurate uniforms for display.

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Eclipse

This needs to become the official CAP rack builder!

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on June 27, 2021, 08:54:32 PMThis needs to become the official CAP rack builder!
When you think about it,  it sort of is....
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

baronet68

Quote from: NIN on June 27, 2021, 08:57:13 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 27, 2021, 08:54:32 PMThis needs to become the official CAP rack builder!

It is de facto... What's funny to me is that when someone orders their ribbons or medals mounted by Vanguard, the folks at Vanguard input everything into the McChord Rack Builder and take a screenshot so their people know how to assemble everything.

Vanguard asked me about building (pro bono) a special page for them that would include pricing information.  I'm still working on it but it's going slowly. 
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Fubar

Quote from: baronet68 on June 27, 2021, 09:37:23 PMVanguard asked me about building (pro bono) a special page for them that would include pricing information.  I'm still working on it but it's going slowly. 

And that's Vanguard the company in a nutshell.

Capt Thompson

Quote from: baronet68 on June 27, 2021, 09:37:23 PM

It is de facto... What's funny to me is that when someone orders their ribbons or medals mounted by Vanguard, the folks at Vanguard input everything into the McChord Rack Builder and take a screenshot so their people know how to assemble everything.

Vanguard asked me about building (pro bono) a special page for them that would include pricing information.  I'm still working on it but it's going slowly. 
Does Vanguard actually mount their own ribbon racks? I had emailed them for pricing on mini medals a while back and was told they sent the medals to Ultrathin for mounting, so I wasn't sure about the ribbons.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

GroundHawg

Quote from: Capt Thompson on June 28, 2021, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: baronet68 on June 27, 2021, 09:37:23 PM

Does Vanguard actually mount their own ribbon racks? I had emailed them for pricing on mini medals a while back and was told they sent the medals to Ultrathin for mounting, so I wasn't sure about the ribbons.

So if they use the McChord rackbuilder and then use ultrathin for mounting, I have to ask....

CAP: What would you say you do here?

Vanguard: Well look, I already told you! I deal with the Cadet and Senior Member customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

MSG Mac

I had them mount my minis and they came back mounted on cardboard backing from USAMM
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member