Wreaths Across America uniform letter

Started by CAP.is.1337, November 01, 2010, 11:46:48 PM

CAP.is.1337

Our wing commander just sent out General Courter's letter regarding the proper uniform for the December 11th ceremonies. I'm hoping that I am reading it correctly, but it appears that the proper uniform if you do not have the complete service uniform or appropriate jacket, then the Utility/BDU uniform is authorized. Does that mean everyone should be wearing the same uniform at that ceremony, or if one has a preferred one, then you should wear that one? What about blues without jackets?
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

davidsinn

Quote from: CAP.is.1337 on November 01, 2010, 11:46:48 PM
What about blues without jackets?

You're in Virginia. It will be December. What do you think the answer should be? ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RiverAux

Why would a Wing commander feel the need to send a letter to the National Commander about this?  She doesn't get "paid" to make local decisions like this.

a2capt

Quote from: RiverAux on November 02, 2010, 12:46:38 AMWhy would a Wing commander feel the need to send a letter to the National Commander about this?  She doesn't get "paid" to make local decisions like this.
Where did it say the Wing CC sent a letter to the National CC?

Bluelakes 13

I do not mean this to be rude, but what part of uniform [adjective] needs explaining?

CAP.is.1337

Quote from: a2capt on November 02, 2010, 12:58:30 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on November 02, 2010, 12:46:38 AMWhy would a Wing commander feel the need to send a letter to the National Commander about this?  She doesn't get "paid" to make local decisions like this.
Where did it say the Wing CC sent a letter to the National CC?

Sorry, I miss-remembered when I posted. The letter from the National CC was sent by the MER Chief of Staff to everyone on the public MER Listserv.
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634