2024 Winter Command Council

Started by UWONGO2, March 02, 2024, 02:16:32 PM

Ned

FWIW, using height/weight information is far less intrusive than actually having to tape members at a weekly meeting.

Not everyone would be comfortable with having another member measure their waist size using the USAF/DoD standards.

NIN

Quote from: Ned on April 20, 2024, 05:50:41 AMFWIW, using height/weight information is far less intrusive than actually having to tape members at a weekly meeting.

Not everyone would be comfortable with having another member measure their waist size using the USAF/DoD standards.

Then again, Ned: We currently rely on our member's integrity to determine whether or not they "meet the standards" to wear the USAF-style uniform. We don't measure their height and have them step on a scale once a year in the presence of their commander to verify that they meet the standard.

Using the AF's own current standard (which, admittedly, requires some maths) vs a super outdated chart might, you know, bring us into the 21st century and in line with our Total Force partner's published standards (with an appropriate factor of some sort like we currently have). 

That still requires our member's integrity to say "nope, I don't meet the standards, I'll wear corporate".
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on April 20, 2024, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: Ned on April 20, 2024, 05:50:41 AMFWIW, using height/weight information is far less intrusive than actually having to tape members at a weekly meeting.

Then again, Ned: We currently rely on our member's integrity to determine whether or not they "meet the standards" to wear the USAF-style uniform. We don't measure their height and have them step on a scale once a year in the presence of their commander to verify that they meet the standard.

Using the AF's own current standard (which, admittedly, requires some maths) vs a super outdated chart might, you know, bring us into the 21st century and in line with our Total Force partner's published standards (with an appropriate factor of some sort like we currently have). 

That still requires our member's integrity to say "nope, I don't meet the standards, I'll wear corporate".
Alas, there are too many people who join for the wrong reasons, and the Venn diagram of those folks and wearing uniforms they are out of regs for is almost a perfect circle.