Main Menu

The Chuck Yeagar Award

Started by flyguy06, January 25, 2010, 12:21:01 AM

Thrashed

I coordinate O flights for our group and the pilot who gets to fly O flights is the first one who volunteers.  Cadets need a pilot and a plane, beyond that I don't care.

Save the triangle thingy

Short Field

Quote from: heliodoc on February 02, 2010, 02:20:48 PM
O flights ought to be done by other squadron line pilots who, at times, have to to wait for Johnny 30 year MP pilot to get to the front of the line

You really do seem to have a thing for MPs.   :D   

CAP operates on the basis of "Qualified" or "Not Qualified".  If a person is qualified to fly a specific type of mission as a MP, then they can fly it.  Same for O'rides - you are either signed off as qualified and can fly or your are not signed off as qualified and cannot fly.   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Short Field

By the way - what is a "line pilot"?
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

FARRIER

Quote from: Short Field on February 02, 2010, 10:34:48 PM
By the way - what is a "line pilot"?

From an airline perspective, haven't heard that term in a long time, is a pilot who flies a scheduled line as opposed to a managment pilot.
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

Thrashed

Save the triangle thingy

flyguy06

Its a common term used inthe airline world but not the CAP world

heliodoc

OK OK

I should have used better terms for CAPers

I was referring to pilots that are not CFI's,  CFII's,  folks who hold no CAP command positions....

I should have known better  sooooo sorry! >:D

flyguy06

Quote from: heliodoc on February 03, 2010, 06:09:33 PM
OK OK

I should have used better terms for CAPers

I was referring to pilots that are not CFI's,  CFII's,  folks who hold no CAP command positions....

I should have known better  sooooo sorry! >:D

So, you're saying that a squadron commander cant be a CFI?  >:D (just stirring the pot, I'm bored)

Cecil DP

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

arajca

A question to the motley crew here...

Would the Yeager ribbon be a good point to use for recognition of other AE awards/certifications/etc (yet to be devised) via attachments?

davidsinn

Quote from: arajca on February 04, 2010, 02:20:21 PM

Would the Yeager ribbon be a good point to use for recognition of other AE awards/certifications/etc (yet to be devised) via attachments?

Yes. Just add an attachment to it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

flyboy53

Quote from: arajca on February 04, 2010, 02:20:21 PM

Please clarify...what do you mean by an attachment? Yes, the Yeager Award is a good example to present to senior members/officers as a means to continue (or really) begin their professional development process. It's a good and easy first step. As far as attachments, however, there aren't any authorized for this ribbon.