NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

maverik

Quote from: Who_knows? on June 01, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: maverik on June 01, 2010, 12:37:34 AM
So is there any kind of packing list for Staff?

Read the policies and procedures for 2010 and you will find a reference to what to bring.

Roger,
One more question I see on a page where it says GSAR Staff/ICSS staff (I'm ICSS since I'm comm staff.) and it says bring water in a bottle or canteen, but that is all the reference to staff I see so should I follow the ICSS student packing list?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Larry Mangum

Quote from: maverik on June 02, 2010, 02:05:09 AM

Read the policies and procedures for 2010 and you will find a reference to what to bring.

Roger,
One more question I see on a page where it says GSAR Staff/ICSS staff (I'm ICSS since I'm comm staff.) and it says bring water in a bottle or canteen, but that is all the reference to staff I see so should I follow the ICSS student packing list?

Are you part of the staff teaching Comm or are you part of the comm staff that runs comm for the activity? Big difference between the two.   In any case since you are not going to be in the field very much, bring the normal stuff you would as a staff member to an encampment, minus your blues and you will do fine.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

husker

Quote from: maverik on June 02, 2010, 02:05:09 AM

Roger,

You are in the Comm staff, so just bring what you would to an encampment (minus blues) and bring your 24 Hour gear.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

maverik

Roger,
Thanks for the Clarification
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

FastAttack

for transportation from IND to the base is there a phone number we can call just in case if nobody is there to pick us up?

2nd how hard is it to get transported from the base to  Columbus Municipal?

should I be seeking a rent a car or something?

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Hey FA,

Don't worry about a car as there was plenty of space with bumming rides in other members cars.  In fact it's a good way to meet other folks on your course.  I'd offer you a ride in our van but it's only for Californian's and Surfboards :)  :P  8)

Are you first week?

FastAttack

Quote from: Mission Pilot on June 04, 2010, 07:55:57 PM
Hey FA,

Don't worry about a car as there was plenty of space with bumming rides in other members cars.  In fact it's a good way to meet other folks on your course.  I'd offer you a ride in our van but it's only for Californian's and Surfboards :)  :P  8)

Are you first week?

First week.. hard to believe that we are only 1 week away.

Hehe , I fly to Cali a lot , my grandmother lives in Canyon Lake near San Diego , i been meaning to drop by some squadrons but the last time I was there the family got together and didn't even have a chance to stop by. Plus the squadron commander from Hemet is really good friend's of my grandmother and he has been asking for me to go to one of their meetings and experience "true flying " vs flying swamp land flying here in Florida. ( he says we got it way to easy here)

Thanks for the heads up, i don't mind bumming rides and your right its great that we get to meet people.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Cool, see you there.  Fingers crossed for good weather for our two day 1800 nm flight.

FastAttack

Quote from: Mission Pilot on June 04, 2010, 11:48:20 PM
Cool, see you there.  Fingers crossed for good weather for our two day 1800 nm flight.

I am still awaiting confirmation about my flight, i might be flying a 182t from my wing over.. but being honest i don't feel like flying for 2 days :) ( even though its only a 5 hour flight ) T-storms are bad down here.

either way got my ticket just in case.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Yeah, I flew my plane from FL to CA last Aug... WX Radar and XM Weather were vital.

Thunder

Will be there first week, MAS Intermediate Observer track. Looks like, fun, will be my first year.

FastAttack

Quote from: Mission Pilot on June 05, 2010, 02:08:36 PM
Yeah, I flew my plane from FL to CA last Aug... WX Radar and XM Weather were vital.

Well flying over with a wing 182. I am departing Friday morning. see you other pilots there on Friday.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

FastAttack

Quote from: Mission Pilot on June 09, 2010, 02:56:46 PM
Be safe, see you there!

I've yet to get the details on who is picking us up at the airport. I just changed my NESA info to reflect the new itinerary .. I still want to get some sort of contact phone number.

just in case.

Plus I get a nice new 182T with a GFC700 :) to bad they didn't activate the XM radio.

see you there.

SJFedor

Quote from: FastAttack on June 09, 2010, 03:47:53 PM
Be safe, see you there!

I've yet to get the details on who is picking us up at the airport. I just changed my NESA info to reflect the new itinerary .. I still want to get some sort of contact phone number.

just in case.

Plus I get a nice new 182T with a GFC700 :) to bad they didn't activate the XM radio.

see you there.

Are you flying into BAK? And are you flying a CAP aircraft on the mission?

If so, you should already have the contact info for the officer handling all the inbound sorties. If not, unless you're arriving really late in the day, there should be people at BAK in our little air ops center.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

FastAttack

Quote from: SJFedor on June 10, 2010, 04:16:54 AM
Quote from: FastAttack on June 09, 2010, 03:47:53 PM
Be safe, see you there!

just in case.

see you there.

Are you flying into BAK? And are you flying a CAP aircraft on the mission?

If so, you should already have the contact info for the officer handling all the inbound sorties. If not, unless you're arriving really late in the day, there should be people at BAK in our little air ops center.

i got the information the day that i left. it was all good.. got there Friday at 4pm.
Good Flight over,
going back this Saturday to pick it up and fly it back.

FastAttack

out of curiosity are they posting the 2010 pictures yet?

I was so dam busy with MP school that I didn't really take any lol.

Spaceman3750

It looks like she's still in the process of uploading pictures but the NESA link on Flickr is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/capnesa/.

FastAttack

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 01, 2010, 06:48:53 PM
It looks like she's still in the process of uploading pictures but the NESA link on Flickr is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/capnesa/.

thanks most of week 1 pics are there :)

Parsifal

Does anyone know approximately when ES qualifications for NESA graduates will be entered into e-services? I have a SAREX coming up in a few weeks & would like to have 101 card updated so that I will be able to participate in air ops. Do we get a hardcopy certificate or letter for schools attended?

I received great flight training, advice, and support from my instructors and pilots during MAS Basic and Intermediate courses.