NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

Angus

The onlin NESA Registration opened today.  Get your name in now for this excellent opportunity.  I've been there the past two years and love every minute I spend out there. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

sarflyer

Thanks for announcing the opening of registration Flint!

The site has been updated also and links include two new schools, Mission Public Information Officers course and Intermediate Incident Command System School.

Start at this link: nesa.cap.gov

Thanks,

Lt Col. Paul Rowen
NESA Webmaster
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

davidsinn

Is NESA still offering a first responder course?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

sarflyer, is the site completely fixed?  I'm one of those anal people who likes to make sure things I did are done right, so I've been trying to check my app status and I get errors everytime and it tells me an email is being sent to the site admin.   
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

John Bryan

Quote from: davidsinn on December 29, 2009, 04:09:58 PM

Dave,

On the website it looks like they changed the name to Wilderness Advanced First Aid Course.
http://www.nesa.cap.gov/wildernessfa.htm

Not sure if anything other than the name was changed....just going on what the website says.

Happy New Year

davidsinn

Quote from: John Bryan on December 30, 2009, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on December 29, 2009, 04:09:58 PM

Dave,

On the website it looks like they changed the name to Wilderness Advanced First Aid Course.
http://www.nesa.cap.gov/wildernessfa.htm

Not sure if anything other than the name was changed....just going on what the website says.

Happy New Year

Is this a proper Indiana first responder cert? My wife would like to eventually re-certify and $160 sure beats the $800 she paid the first time.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

I know some of the staff are from DPHS.  I don't know whose program they use. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

flyguy06

NESA is probablythe best non cadet related activity I have experienced in my 25 year CAP career. I loved MAS. I want to go back and do the GTL course ori wouldlike to be on staff at the MAS.

Angus

flyguy, you'd like GTL school.  Dawn is a great instructor, I took the course the same year I did MAS. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

sarflyer

Flint,

All the links worked when I checked it last week.  I noticed today the registration site is down but it probably won't be for long.  I already notified HQ/DO on it.

The wilderness first aid class is the first responders school re-named.  Contact the commandant of the school for more specifics on the qualification or certification level.

NESA is truly the best emergency services training offered in the organization.  One stop shopping for all things!

Sorry for the delay in the answer, I don't check CAPTALK regularly.

P Rowen
NESA Web Admin
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Angus

No problem.  The only problem I was having was trying to check my app status.  I never trust I do it right till I see it's in there.  Luckily that worked for me today.

On a side note, will CTWG be sending a van as usual?  I've got a cadet who wants to go and I won't be able to bring him as I don't have another senior for the road trip and I'm drving out from Boston.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

davidsinn

Quote from: Flint on January 06, 2010, 08:03:59 PM
No problem.  The only problem I was having was trying to check my app status.  I never trust I do it right till I see it's in there.  Luckily that worked for me today.

On a side note, will CTWG be sending a van as usual?  I've got a cadet who wants to go and I won't be able to bring him as I don't have another senior for the road trip and I'm drving out from Boston.

Why would you need another senior for the road trip?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RogueLeader

To avoid 1 on 1 with a cadet.  Just a bad idea. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davidsinn

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 06, 2010, 08:39:34 PM

But frequently a necessary evil when you have a small unit or going a long distance.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

Quote from: davidsinn on January 06, 2010, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on January 06, 2010, 08:39:34 PM

But frequently a necessary evil when you have a small unit or going a long distance.

For this long a distance I'm going with the approach of not doing it.  I'd rather play it safe.  Plus I'm also thinking with the size of my car there wouldn't be enough room his gear and mine.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

lordmonar

Quote from: davidsinn on January 06, 2010, 08:25:59 PM

Quote from: CAPR 52-10d. Ensure that at least two "approved" senior members are present at all overnight cadet activities. Encourage at least two senior members to be present at all cadet activities (with the exception of chaplain counseling or cadet orientation flights). This policy is for the protection of the senior members as well as the cadets.

Boston to Indiana it think would constitute an overnight activity.  ;)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on January 07, 2010, 12:03:22 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 06, 2010, 08:25:59 PM

Quote from: CAPR 52-10d. Ensure that at least two "approved" senior members are present at all overnight cadet activities. Encourage at least two senior members to be present at all cadet activities (with the exception of chaplain counseling or cadet orientation flights). This policy is for the protection of the senior members as well as the cadets.

Boston to Indiana it think would constitute an overnight activity.  ;)

Google says 15 hours. Bet you could do it in 12.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

I'm not going to go that fast.  I like speed but not that much  8)

Going out I'm probably going to do it staightish.  I've got family friends who live out there who have volunterred to come home and drive out with me.  Which would leave me alone on the trip back.  On that one, I'm definitely going to do an over night probably in Penn or something.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

davidsinn

Quote from: Flint on January 07, 2010, 02:10:52 PM
I'm not going to go that fast.  I like speed but not that much  8)

Going out I'm probably going to do it staightish.  I've got family friends who live out there who have volunterred to come home and drive out with me.  Which would leave me alone on the trip back.  On that one, I'm definitely going to do an over night probably in Penn or something.

I find google to be very conservative on the times. I can make what they say is a 4:05 trip in 3:15 without speeding anymore than the next guy (5 over)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

When I got the time off of MapQuest it said about 16 hours. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030