G1000 checklists

Started by scooter, October 07, 2009, 09:50:21 PM

scooter

Are your wings using the Cessna or a CAP approved checklist for your G1000 airplanes? The Cessna checklist doesn't include the CAP avionics mods so curious what you all are using. We are using the Cessna checklist but working on a CAP version to include CAP mods.

FW

Be very careful with making up your own check list.  From what I can remember the last time this issue came up, the aircraft check list must be an FAA approved one.  Adding CAP specific items should be in addition to the authorized check list; not incorporated into the check list.

Eclipse

Quote from: FW on October 08, 2009, 12:48:59 AM
Be very careful with making up your own check list.  From what I can remember the last time this issue came up, the aircraft check list must be an FAA approved one.  Adding CAP specific items should be in addition to the authorized check list; not incorporated into the check list.

+1 My Wing requires that the "official" checklist in the plane is approved by Wing.  Should something happen and its found you're using a different one, bad news.

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

Quote from: FW on October 08, 2009, 12:48:59 AM

Where in the FAR's does it say you have to have an FAA approved checklist? I know you have to have an FAA approved POH but have never heard of an approved checklist. In fact, if you go into  piot shops you will see several commercial produced checklists for various airplanes.

rgr84

60-1 says,

"m. Use of approved aircraft or operational checklist(s) are mandatory in all CAP aircraft."

PHall

National Headquarters has a "customized" approved checklist for each aircraft CAP owns.

They're in the Stan-Eval section of the National Headquarters web page.

flyguy06

Oh I thought the poster was talking FAA

sdcapmx

NHQ only has the checklists that were submitted to them by different wings.  They do not have checklists for all aircraft in the CAP fleet.  From what I understand this was a program that was affected by budget cuts a couple years back and it really has not been updated since then.

rgr84

I believe that Wings have the ability to "add to" but not "detract from"  the customized checklist.  The "MET/AP" switch check is an example in the first G1000 that were delivered with the KAP 140 to CAP.  If you see an item with a bullet (I think) in the checklist, they were added by the Wing.

scooter

So, from all the above it seems we can take the Cessna checklist, add the CAP stuff, and send it to Wing for approval. Once approved we can use the "new" checklist. Am I correct on this?

PHall

Quote from: scooter on October 08, 2009, 11:27:21 PM
So, from all the above it seems we can take the Cessna checklist, add the CAP stuff, and send it to Wing for approval. Once approved we can use the "new" checklist. Am I correct on this?

That's pretty much the procedure. Check with your Wing DOV first.