Wearing a white t-shirt under a corporate polo golf shirt

Started by ascorbate, May 29, 2009, 02:12:07 PM

SilverEagle2

QuoteHave you tried to get the brown variety from the distribution center?  I showed my CAP membership card and they didn't have a problem with it.  That way I don't have to wear three layers in BDUs

Haven't since rejoining, but will soon. Incidently, as flight crew, I am mostly in the green bag anyway. Thanks for the remider though.

For those that don't wear undershirts.....ew!  >:D
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on June 08, 2009, 03:52:09 AM
IMHO, BDU trousers don't fit the definition given in CAPM 39-1.

QuoteFigure 4-3
4. CAP knit shirts are worn with gray trousers or slacks (see Table 4-4).

QuoteTable 4-4. Men's and Women's Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform

LINE
Item

Wear Instructions/Materials
1Slacks/TrousersCommercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).

YMMV.

We now return you to t-shirts.

We had this discussion here before - BDU pants, per se, don't , but there are more than plenty of tactical pants which do meet the spec.

"That Others May Zoom"

es_g0d

I'm a huge fan of EMT pants with the blue shirt combination.  They're not the easiest to find in gray, but it can be done.  5.11 makes a nice tactical pair of pants at a reasonable price in gray, with a choice of cotton (ok for fire, poor for survival) or nylon (horrible for fire, ok for survival).  I can only continue to dream for barrier wear to make their pants in kevlar.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Always Ready on June 08, 2009, 03:49:18 AM

As far as the v-neck vs. crew neck debate, it doesn't matter until NHQ says something official stating one or the other or both. Both of them look professional and the crew neck covers the disgusting chest carpets...I mean chest hairs that so many of our members sport.

What the heck?  Several posters have made comments about chest hair being disgusting, nasty, or unclean. Some of us have it, some of us don't.  Grow up!  What next?  Make us shave our arm hair?  Men, get ready to start shaving your legs too!  Jeez!  Get with the CAP program, we even have special uniforms for people sporting facial hair (among other things).

Bottom line, the Air Force and CAP ban crew necks in some uniforms.  Until that changes you'll see some chest hair.  Deal with it.  In the mean time chill out on your derogatory comments or go somewhere else where it's accepted to make such comments about individual traits like hair, weight, and maybe even skin color.   >:D
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Eclipse

Quote from: wuzafuzz on June 08, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

As far as the v-neck vs. crew neck debate, it doesn't matter until NHQ says something official stating one or the other or both. Both of them look professional and the crew neck covers the disgusting chest carpets...I mean chest hairs that so many of our members sport.

What the heck?  Several posters have made comments about chest hair being disgusting, nasty, or unclean. Some of us have it, some of us don't.  Grow up!  What next?  Make us shave our arm hair?  Men, get ready to start shaving your legs too!  Jeez!  Get with the CAP program, we even have special uniforms for people sporting facial hair (among other things).

Bottom line, the Air Force and CAP ban crew necks in some uniforms.  Until that changes you'll see some chest hair.  Deal with it.  In the mean time chill out on your derogatory comments or go somewhere else where it's accepted to make such comments about individual traits like hair, weight, and maybe even skin color.   >:D

Ditto - let's remember that the legend of the v-neck t-shirts is that Gen. McPeak's wife thought it looked unmanly to not show chest hair.

"That Others May Zoom"

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: Pumbaa on May 29, 2009, 03:47:09 PM
(I'm asking honestly.)

Modesty for one...  I will not go out without a t-shirt under under a shirt either.  Many cotton shirts are somewhat see-through. 

Also, the purpose of under garments is to protect the shirts from stains from sweating etc.   Don't you love the guy (or gal) that lifts their arms and the sweat is pouring through or you see the yellow stains?  ugh...

This enables easier cleaning as well as letting you to wear the shirt more often with less washing.  ie I can wear a shirt twice before washing vs once without an under garment.  This is actually the original purpose of undergarments as early in history washing clothing was difficult, expensive, time consuming.

Also residue from deodorants/ antiperspirant are kept from staining clothing too.

+1!

Always Ready

Quote from: wuzafuzz on June 08, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

Dude...I'm one of those members who has a chest carpet. As a person who has a chest carpet, I am heavily offended by your derogatory comments towards my post! *shoots flames and puts on pink Nomex v-neck/crew neck undershirt combo to protect my beloved chest hairs* :D  The last time I checked, I can make fun of myself without fear of retribution. But I appreciate that there are people out there looking out for guys like us. :)

I realize that sarcasm doesn't show well on the internet, but I said
Quote from: Always Ready on June 08, 2009, 03:49:18 AMAs far as the v-neck vs. crew neck debate, it doesn't matter until NHQ says something official stating one or the other or both. Both of them look professional and the crew neck covers the disgusting chest carpets...I mean chest hairs that so many of our members sport.
Emphasis mine. I didn't say that we should only have crew neck undershirts to cover-up hairs. I said that both styles look professional.

Stupid flame wars...I hate posting on here because of them. This place makes the emo terrorist forum I post on look sane >:D (btw-I'm kidding!)

RiverAux

I suppose I've seen this done before in CAP, but I guess I never gave it much thought.  I don't think it would be all that practical to require blue shirts in order to "match" since you would never find exactly the right color to match the shirt, so they would always be a bit off. 

But, I suppose that it would probably be better to follow the same t-shirt policy for all uniforms so as to keep things simple as possible.  that being the case, I would recommend going to crew neck for everything. 

Rotorhead

Quote from: RiverAux on June 08, 2009, 09:13:18 PM
I suppose I've seen this done before in CAP, but I guess I never gave it much thought.  I don't think it would be all that practical to require blue shirts in order to "match" since you would never find exactly the right color to match the shirt, so they would always be a bit off. 

No one will ever find a perfect match in color, and a "little" off looks really bad.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

jimmydeanno

I'm pretty sure the rules of fashion dictate that the undershirt not match the color of the over shirt.  Finding a similar color would clash... :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 08, 2009, 09:46:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the rules of fashion dictate that the undershirt not match the color of the over shirt.  Finding a similar color would clash... :)

I dunno about that.  I think that ODUs look better with the matching blue t-shirt.  Better than white or black for the CAP Field Uniform anyway.
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

from "fashion4nerds.com" :)

MEN'S POLOS

Another good casual choice. Again - most of the time, go with a layered look - just make sure your undershirt is not the same color as your overshirt. On the other hand, you don't want your undershirt to contrast too much with your overshirt - this is pretty easy to do - just avoid wearing white under a black shirt - i.e. go with gray.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

wuzafuzz

Just go with orange t-shirts under the blue polo that can clash with lime green vests.  Don't forget ultramarine name tapes on the whole mess.  Suddenly chest hair and v-neck tee shirts don't seem so bad.

BTCS1*

C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

wuzafuzz

Quote from: BTCS1* on June 09, 2009, 05:04:35 AM
LIME GREEN VEST!?!? You mean ORANGE vest! LMAO
Nope, I meant lime green vests. They are even more hideous than orange vests.  Sarcasm isn't always pretty! 

MY vest is orange, but some folks wear lime green...right or wrong.