Yet Another Civil Air Patrol Blog...

Started by Lancer, May 15, 2009, 05:20:45 PM

Lancer

Hi Everyone...

I just fired up a new CAP blog. Check it out. Feel free to share your comments, ideas, thoughts...etc.

http://www.usafaux.us/index.html

Eclipse

You header is using the wrong MAJCOM...

"That Others May Zoom"

Lancer

Pumbaa

hehehe.. I refuse to wear the current MajCom....  Nice touch using the REAL one!

BillB

Glad to see capusafaux is still alive. But blue on black is hard to read with my tired old eyes
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Lancer

Quote from: BillB on May 15, 2009, 06:15:26 PM
Glad to see capusafaux is still alive. But blue on black is hard to read with my tired old eyes

Yeah, I'll most likely be changing that. Default color from the template.

Lancer

Quote from: Pumbaa on May 15, 2009, 05:53:28 PM
hehehe.. I refuse to wear the current MajCom....  Nice touch using the REAL one!

Yeah, and not only does it fit with the fact that the site's TLD is USAFAUX, but it's the old MAJCOM, so I don't have to have anyone at NHQ tell me to take it down. They've already crawled the site multiple times.

I've been tweaking it off and on all day, fixed the text so it's easier to read too.

I won't be able to do anything more to it as I'll be off for our wings first practice mission; Wolverine, which is a cadet run mission. Should be fun, they usually are. Hopefully I can get through my MS advance quals while I'm down there.

Eclipse

Quote from: Lancer on May 15, 2009, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: Pumbaa on May 15, 2009, 05:53:28 PM

Yeah, and not only does it fit with the fact that the site's TLD is USAFAUX, but it's the old MAJCOM, so I don't have to have anyone at NHQ tell me to take it down. They've already crawled the site multiple

It doesn't work that way - its still their indice, and they "own" it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lancer

Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2009, 12:47:29 AM
It doesn't work that way - its still their indice, and they "own" it.

For all intents and purposes, the MAJCOM has been 'modified', so that's another strike against any complaints. Besides. My site is Pro-CAP and not Anti-CAP, so...  :P

NC Hokie

Nice site...are you coding it yourself, using a CMS, or using something like Weebly?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Lancer

Quote from: NC Hokie on May 16, 2009, 12:58:38 AM
Nice site...are you coding it yourself, using a CMS, or using something like Weebly?

Weebly my friend, Weebly. It's the shiz. :-)

JC004

A.Member

Is that usa"faux" as in fake?  :o :P  I'd have gone with a different URL.   
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Lancer

Quote from: A.Member on May 17, 2009, 02:25:38 PM
Is that usa"faux" as in fake?  :o :P  I'd have gone with a different URL.

Nothing 'faux' here. I'm like Coca-Cola; "Ain't nothing like the 'Real Thing' Baby!"  8)

Gunner C

Lancer

Quote from: Gunner C on May 17, 2009, 09:02:58 PM
I'm not sure he got it.  ;D

Who me? No, my lame joke meter was pegged the minute I read that.  ::) ;D

CadetProgramGuy

usafaux = united states airforce auxillary.

However having a url like that I had to look 3 or 4 times to see that it wasn't USA - faux.

Meaning fake USA

Lancer

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 18, 2009, 04:03:23 AM

usafaux = united states airforce auxillary.

However having a url like that I had to look 3 or 4 times to see that it wasn't USA - faux.

Meaning fake USA

I think we all get the unintentional double entendre. The original URL was registered by Tedda, when he created the @cap.usafaux.us domain/subdomain for e-mail. When he had taken a sabbatical from volunteering I asked him to take over the domain so I, along with the others that has e-mail addresses setup on that domain would continue to be able to use them.

I figured if I'm going to pay to maintain a domain, and want to blog about my CAP life, I'm not going to spend more money for yet another URL when this one was just fine.  8)