Main Menu

New CAPP 216 released

Started by Eclipse, May 12, 2009, 06:02:55 PM

AirAux

Interestingly enough, former cadets, Earhart and Spaatz, will be given credit and be allowed to have technician and senior status.. Go Bling..

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: AirAux on May 13, 2009, 04:12:14 PM
Interestingly enough, former cadets, Earhart and Spaatz, will be given credit and be allowed to have technician and senior status.. Go Bling...

I earned my CP bling the old fashioned way! Even though I am a former Earhart cadink.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

majdomke

I attended TLC this past January up at Travis AFB. The cost was $20 I spent about $80 for my room for two nights and another $20 for food. It was very worthwhile and the instructors really help bring home their topics. As for the new technician requirement of only 6 months in duty assignment versus the old 12, wwaaaa....

Fifinella

Grrr!  I hate it when they move the goal posts!  2 weeks from fulfilling time requirement for Master, and they added 6 months!
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Ned

Quote from: Fifinella on May 14, 2009, 08:28:27 AM
Grrr!  I hate it when they move the goal posts!  2 weeks from fulfilling time requirement for Master, and they added 6 months!

FWIW, that particular change was made at the request of PD (not CP) to harmonize 216 with the other specialty tracks and to make the progression uniform.

Fifinella

^I understand the desire to standardize the tracks, but which other tracks require 18 months at senior rating before you're eligible for master?  Not AE or PD.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Larry Mangum

Quote from: Fifinella on May 14, 2009, 08:11:06 PM
^I understand the desire to standardize the tracks, but which other tracks require 18 months at senior rating before you're eligible for master?  Not AE or PD.

Emergency Services for one, to quote CAPP213 -"Continuously serve as an ESO or assistant at the wing or region level for at least 3 additional years after completing the ESO Senior Rating level."

How is good ole England by the way?
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Fifinella

England is good, if you don't mind not having all the mod cons.:D Weather is nice and cool.  Just came back from having a wonderful curry.

I agree there is a huge discrepancy between some of the tracks, particularly ES and AE.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Larry Mangum

OFF Topic - When I spent awhile in Winchester and Southampton on business, we found the Indian food to be the best food in town, followed by pub food. So I ahve a question for you, when I was there we noticed that a can of coke had the following text on it "Vegetable fat added", is that still the case?
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

CadetProgramGuy

I conducted the only TLC in Iowa clear back in 2006?

I guess I'll have to do another one soon, Possibly fall.

RiverAux

Quote from: Fifinella on May 14, 2009, 08:11:06 PM
I think public affairs is even longer.

majdomke

Quote from: RiverAux on May 15, 2009, 01:00:44 PM
Not to mention the horrific AFIADL course you need to take for Technician. The test is so outdated talking about mimeograph machines. I know they are revising it now but it's still pretty bad. I can't wait until the senior member course is revised and put online. Having to make hundreds of corrections and study all those books is something else.

arajca

Quote from: Lt Domke on May 15, 2009, 04:44:37 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on May 15, 2009, 01:00:44 PM
Not to mention the horrific AFIADL course you need to take for Technician. The test is so outdated talking about mimeograph machines. I know they are revising it now but it's still pretty bad. I can't wait until the senior member course is revised and put online. Having to make hundreds of corrections and study all those books is something else.
Don't forget carbon paper...

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: dwb on May 13, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
Merely being a Phase III or Phase IV cadet really shouldn't exempt you from technical training as a senior member.

Then let's not promote former cadets who earn milestone awards based on their cadet training, either. I can't think of any 21-year-old who has the maturity (or the gravitas) to be a captain, anyway.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

majdomke

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 16, 2009, 12:55:47 AM
Then let's not promote former cadets who earn milestone awards based on their cadet training, either. I can't think of any 21-year-old who has the maturity (or the gravitas) to be a captain, anyway.
Well, maybe just exempt from Level One since that is so basic...

swamprat86

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 16, 2009, 12:55:47 AM
Quote from: dwb on May 13, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
Merely being a Phase III or Phase IV cadet really shouldn't exempt you from technical training as a senior member.

To be fair, I have met a lot of older members who weren't mature enough to be Captain either.  I don't thing age and maturity are always related.