Main Menu

U.S Army Cadet Units

Started by Strick, May 05, 2009, 03:10:57 PM

Strick

Does any one know the location of U.S Army Cadet units in NY?

Thanks
[darn]atio memoriae

DBlair

Do you mean U.S. Army Cadet Corps (ACA), ROTC, or JROTC?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

USADOD

Only active USAC  units that I believe are active are located in Orlando, Florida. You may want to try the other elements of the ACA like Sea Cadets, Young Marines etc ... ..
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

NIN

Fort Hamilton, NY and Camp Smith, NY.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Quote from: USADOD on May 05, 2009, 05:03:50 PM
Only active USAC  units that I believe are active are located in Orlando, Florida. You may want to try the other elements of the ACA like Sea Cadets, Young Marines etc ... ..

Neither of those organizations are elements of the the ACA.
Mike Johnston

SafTman

Go to goarmycadets.com and there are active units in New York and in fact all over the country.  Last month they formally stopped being known as American Cadet Alliance and are now US Army Cadet Corps.  Their Marine and Navy Brigades have cased their colors.

Larry Mangum

Where on their site? Under units I only see Orlando.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

SafTman

There are units at Camp Blanding FL, Fort Rucker, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Fort Stewart, Fort Bragg, Massachusetts, New York, Kentucky, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Oklahoma, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin and new unit are starting in other locations.   Interested, complete the inquiry page and the closest unit will get hold of you. If there is no unit nearby, then the Headquarters will contact you.

NIN

Quote from: SafTman on May 06, 2009, 12:12:47 AM
There are units at Camp Blanding FL, Fort Rucker, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Fort Stewart, Fort Bragg, Massachusetts, New York, Kentucky, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Oklahoma, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin and new unit are starting in other locations.   Interested, complete the inquiry page and the closest unit will get hold of you. If there is no unit nearby, then the Headquarters will contact you.

Also you have Maine, New Hampshire & Rhode Island (there really isn't a unit in Mass, but if you split the diff, you get Mass, so there.. :) ).  The Washington unit is "DC," not "State."  There is also some gathering interest in Texas, Missouri, and I think South Florida.   

Unfortunately, for you Californians, the only unit currently in operation is in the Inland Empire.  The NorCal unit never got off the ground, so to speak, and the Pendelton unit wanted to stay "All Marine" and sort of "left."

Not sure why its only Orlando with a link on the main site.  Me thinks thats a section thats still in development.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Strick

I was looking for specific unit information of the US ARMY CADET CORPS in NY
[darn]atio memoriae

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Strick on May 06, 2009, 02:46:36 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to contact them instead of trying to get it through a CAP group?

http://www.goarmycadets.com/request-recruiting-or-general-informatio.php
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eeyore

Ah, who wants to do things the easy way :)

Strick

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 06, 2009, 03:07:31 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to contact them instead of trying to get it through a CAP group?

Excuse me!!!!!! 
[darn]atio memoriae

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Strick on May 06, 2009, 05:33:53 PM

Excuse me!!!!!!

You're excused, but I wasn't trying to be an donkey about it.  You just seemed to be getting frustrated that none of us CAP guys could provide you with information about specific units in a completely different organization.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Strick on May 06, 2009, 05:33:53 PM

http://www.goarmycadets.com/request-recruiting-or-general-information.php

Excuse me!!!!!!

Ouch.

Wright Brothers #13915