Squadron Command and SIMS

Started by Hill CAP, April 28, 2009, 10:41:50 PM

Hill CAP

Hey All,

I just went to Squadron Command to Download SIMS on my new laptop it looks like Squadron  Command was hacked or atleast that what it looks like from my end.

Also the latest version of SIMS is 4.0 Beta 5. is there a newer version and if not will that version work with MS Database 2007?
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

Pingree1492

It should be Version 5 beta 2.

Not sure about compatibility- I'm still running Access 2003.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

AlphaSigOU

Version 5 beta 4 is the latest and greatest. It is available in Access 2003 and Access 2000 flavors. The 2003 version will run on Access 2007.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

Looks like their comment system was haxord, or at least someone posted comments to pretend it was.

Might be a good idea to triple-check anything d/l'ed from their until its obvious things have been fixed.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on April 29, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
Looks like their comment system was haxord, or at least someone posted comments to pretend it was.

Might be a good idea to triple-check anything d/l'ed from their until its obvious things have been fixed.

Geeklog isn't the most secure, but the downloads should be OK.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pingree1492

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 29, 2009, 04:47:43 AM
Version 5 beta 4 is the latest and greatest. It is available in Access 2003 and Access 2000 flavors. The 2003 version will run on Access 2007.

Opps!  Looks like I was running an out-of-date version, sorry!  Beta 4 is indeed the latest version.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Hill CAP

Downloaded the latest Version from the site with no problems other then 2007 doesn't play well with it at first.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

dwb

I just upgraded SquadronCommand's CMS to the latest version, in an effort to combat things like comment spam.  I'm also cleaning out all of the spam story submissions (only admins saw those), and the spam user accounts.

I actually forgot I was an admin on that site, it's been so long.  :-[

afgeo4

Anyone know where I can upload a free/cheap version of MSAccess to use on my laptop to run SIMS?
GEORGE LURYE

davidsinn

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 01, 2009, 02:00:26 AM
Anyone know where I can upload a free/cheap version of MSAccess to use on my laptop to run SIMS?

Not legally. ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DC

Will SIMS run with Open Office?

MIKE

Unfortunately, no.  There is an Access distributable, but it seems to require the developer version of Access to make a packaged installer... Which is what SIMS needs IMHO.
Mike Johnston

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: davidsinn on May 01, 2009, 02:37:04 AM

Not legally. ;D

Well. Lets just download it illegally and say we didn't.  Well from my old piracy days, I would say yes download it illegally. But now I'm starting a new chapter of my life, and with that chapter I have to stop my piracy. So like afgeo4 said, "Not legally".

Also thanks CadetProgramGuy for straightening my act out.

Wright Brothers #13915

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Lunsford on May 02, 2009, 01:03:08 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on May 01, 2009, 02:37:04 AM

Not legally. ;D

Well. Lets just download it illegally and say we didn't.  ;D

You are new.....

CAP Core values apply here, most importantly Integrity.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Yeah. I'm new. But it was really a joke. I'll remove the comment if you want.

Wright Brothers #13915

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Lunsford on May 02, 2009, 05:13:40 AM
Yeah. I'm new. But it was really a joke. I'll remove the comment if you want.

Joke understood.  Thanks for clarifying.

afgeo4

I did say "cheap" too... anyone know of inexpensive legal copies?
GEORGE LURYE

CadetProgramGuy

I know my local college sells MS Office 07 for $10 to college students....

SarDragon

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 02, 2009, 06:13:21 PM

Likely not the Pro version, the one with Access.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: SarDragon on May 02, 2009, 06:20:47 PM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 02, 2009, 06:13:21 PM

Likely not the Pro version, the one with Access.

Or you can download a 60 day trial from Microsoft and use it until your 60 days are up. Then buy the serial code from Microsoft which I think might be a little bit more cheaper that buying the CD, and wahla. You have MS Office Professional 2007 for a cheaper price (I think it is)  :)

Wright Brothers #13915