Main Menu

NESA Q?

Started by maverik, April 28, 2009, 09:38:13 PM

maverik

I was apparently accepted to a NESA schol I wanted to go to. Woohoo right? What's screwy is I didnt apply.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

RiverAux

Guess somebody thought you needed some remedial training..

maverik

lol it's for comms school which I wanted to staff but I think my squadron commander may have something to do with this since I was just named comms officer.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Larry Mangum

You mean assistant Comm Officer, right?
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

maverik

woops yeah misspell. Either way it does me no good as I have to come up with $175 to fork over.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

IceNine

If your CC had something to do with getting you signed up, maybe he can have something to do with the tuition  :)
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

maverik

I know that's what I was hoping now I want to know who done it.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

maverik

Quick question if I switch to staff will I have to pay for both sessions?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Larry Mangum

I don't think so, I think the fee covers both sessions.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

maverik

Also if I cannot get it switch I think I still owe them $175 since like I said didn't apply myself but I see no button on the review applicant status page or info on the main site.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

whatevah

NESA has a "comms school"?  Exactly what courses are you enrolled in?

As for payment, you need to talk to somebody involved with the school.    http://www.alabamaftx.com/nesa/contact.htm

If you pay for 2 courses but skip the second one to be on staff, you'll probably end up eating that cost since you pay in advance.  Once again, you should talk to a staff member about being on staff for the second week (now, not while attending the first course).    I've never done student and staff in the same year, but I only paid for one session when I was on staff for 2 weeks (photographer, 2005 and 2006).
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

maverik

Now I want to switch out of the student role and into staff since I am already at the level of proficiency needed. http://nesa.cap.gov/mcs.htm
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

whatevah

hmmm I missed that.  Glad to see they added it, it was needed.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

sarflyer

Staff pays a different rate then attendees.  I think it $45 per session.

Lt. Col. Paul Rowen
ICSS Instuctor
NESA 2009
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

maverik

that would be great if someone could respond to my emails! >:(
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

husker

Who exactly are you emailing?
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

maverik

Well I emailed Mr. Norris (I forgot his rank) who is running the school and he said that the school is not accepting cadets as staff,but on the staff listing page it clearly shows cadets as staff and so I hit the contact us button and so far have submitted 2 enquiries.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

whatevah

Ok, so the instructor in charge of the school told you no.  And you're surprised that you're not getting an answer on your 2nd and 3rd tries?  The ICSS schools he's run in the past rarely used cadet instructors, the primary instructors were usually senior members with YEARS of experience.    The cadets in the staff listing are for NGSAR/HQ staff, they don't have anything to do with the other courses. The only staff areas a cadet NCO can expect to apply for are the NGSAR and HQ positions.

QuoteNow I want to switch out of the student role and into staff since I am already at the level of proficiency needed.
I think you'll still learn some stuff. Go as a student with an open mind and have fun.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

maverik

Will do thanks!
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT