New USAF V-Neck pullover sweater

Started by afgeo4, April 07, 2009, 07:55:26 PM

AlphaSigOU

When I was over at the Nellis AFB MCSS during PCRSC, the new wooly pully was in very short supply.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

afgeo4

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 02, 2009, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on May 02, 2009, 06:09:33 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on May 01, 2009, 01:16:37 PM
Saw them yesterday at the MacDill Uniform store. Very few in stock.
Very few left at MacDill? I didn't know that Florida and CENTCOM were so hard up for sweaters.

It could also be that when new items come out they're in limited supply, so a limited distribution to every MCSS would be in order.
That's probably why they started distributing in the spring. There isn't that much of a need for it. By the time cold weather comes around again, they should have enough on the shelves. Couple of years after that we might be authorized to wear it too.
GEORGE LURYE

DC

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 03, 2009, 06:17:24 AM
Quote from: Cecil DP on May 02, 2009, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on May 02, 2009, 06:09:33 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on May 01, 2009, 01:16:37 PM
Saw them yesterday at the MacDill Uniform store. Very few in stock.
Very few left at MacDill? I didn't know that Florida and CENTCOM were so hard up for sweaters.

It could also be that when new items come out they're in limited supply, so a limited distribution to every MCSS would be in order.
That's probably why they started distributing in the spring. There isn't that much of a need for it. By the time cold weather comes around again, they should have enough on the shelves. Couple of years after that we might be authorized to wear it too.
Heh, maybe in a decade or so...

jimmydeanno

I was at the Hanscom MCSS yesterday and happened to snap a picture of this on the shelf.  Unfortunately, I don't appear to have the ability to upload pics using the mobile version of CT. Will try a bit later...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Strick

Check out the hock shop they have it listed with a pic ;)
[darn]atio memoriae

pixelwonk

MIKE

Wouldn't buy one until I see a matching sweater at AAFES MCSS, and an ICL from CAP that authorizes it and the nametag/patch specs.
Mike Johnston

Strick

Quote from: MIKE on August 21, 2009, 09:17:47 PM
Wouldn't buy one until I see a matching sweater at AAFES MCSS, and an ICL from CAP that authorizes it and the nametag/patch specs.

Good advice MIKE, I just wonder how many CAP people bought it already :( 
[darn]atio memoriae

Spike

ya.....

Count me as one of those that will never buy that.  It is plain ugly.

afgeo4

I tried it on at McGuire MCSS and it looks good. However, it's not yet CAP authorized, so I will continue to wear the old one.
GEORGE LURYE

OldCrow

According to CAPM39-1, the ONLY devices authorized for wear with the USAF blue V-neck pullover sweater are shoulder boards and the wing/unit patch on the upper left sleeve.  Our squadron commander wore one of these "new" sweaters with the cloth "badge" patch, and wore his nameplate there.  He was promptly and severely upbraided by a senior officer from wing for wearing the additional device (even though there was a place for it to go).

So until we see it in print as an amendment to the 39-1, "that's the fact Jack!"

jimmydeanno

Quote from: OldCrow on March 15, 2011, 06:10:21 PMHe was promptly and severely upbraided by a senior officer from wing for wearing the additional device (even though there was a place for it to go).

Because a simple, "Hey, FYI, you can't actually wear that on there" wouldn't have worked just as well?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

The sweater with the name patch has not been officially approved for our wear, and we haven't worn wing patches on the sweater for about 5 years.

There is certainly no approval, implied or otherwise, for wearing a name badge on there (for CAP), and wearing a nameplate there would look ridiculous.

Another case of just making things up.

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

There is nothing wrong with the pullover when you wear it properly - it is a professional and quick way to complete
a uniform.  Just about every military services wears them, as well as LEA's, FD's, and similar all over the country.

"That Others May Zoom"