More hoops to jump through.

Started by davidsinn, January 27, 2009, 05:02:54 PM

Major Carrales

Quote from: davidsinn on January 31, 2009, 03:12:22 AM
I took it last night but was unable to post to here do to the upgrade. What I want to know is: Can we do mass briefings and then upload a list of CAPIDs after the fact? If so, how? Getting my people to take online training is like herding cats. Some won't unless you physically sit them down to so it. Others can't because of lack of internet connectivity. The best way would be to use a form 11 like you would do with CPPT.

If this follows the OPSEC model, then there will later be a method for it to be commander entered.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

All NHQ needs to do is make this into a Facebook application with glitter letters and every cadet in CAP will have it done 20 minutes later.

We were having an interesting discussion the other night related to kids and computers.  The assumption is that today's kids are intimately adept using computers because they never knew a world without them, when the sad fact is that in a lot of cases they have entry-level user ability for IM, the social networks, and a few games, but when it comes to actually using a PC they are as dumbfounded as their grandparents.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I just took the little briefing, and noticed something that others of you may have experienced.

When using Firefox, a new tab opened after clicking Agree, but it didn't come to the front. It seemed like the browser is hung or not responding. Looked at the new tab, and voila, acceptance. Other browsers may operate in a similar manner.

IE7 worked OK.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Indaweeds

Quote from: stratoflyer on January 30, 2009, 02:13:34 PM
I clicked on the link and the first thing it asked after opening the page was my last name and CAP ID. Then I clicked on the presentation link and at the end of the show there's a button. I clicked the one on the left labeled "I Agree" (I wonder what the other one does) and that was that. I got a page that says HE AGREES! PRAISE BE!

But THEN I immediately went into eservices and I looked into my training section to see if it's there and it appears as EOO.

https://tests.cap.af.mil/EO_Training/Index.cfm

That's the link just in case.

Where in eServices would I locate "my training section"? I know, basic question, but this just one just isn't jumping out at me!

RogueLeader

Under 'Member Search" then under you're name, in 'Member Search Report'
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: Indaweeds on January 31, 2009, 12:57:38 PM
Quote from: stratoflyer on January 30, 2009, 02:13:34 PM
I clicked on the link and the first thing it asked after opening the page was my last name and CAP ID. Then I clicked on the presentation link and at the end of the show there's a button. I clicked the one on the left labeled "I Agree" (I wonder what the other one does) and that was that. I got a page that says HE AGREES! PRAISE BE!

But THEN I immediately went into eservices and I looked into my training section to see if it's there and it appears as EOO.

https://tests.cap.af.mil/EO_Training/Index.cfm

That's the link just in case.

Where in eServices would I locate "my training section"? I know, basic question, but this just one just isn't jumping out at me!

Its not "my training" its just "Training" - last tab on the right within your records. Same place you'd see SLS/CLC, etc.
Shows as "EO".

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: hatentx on January 30, 2009, 10:35:37 AM
I just did mine at it really only took 5 minutes.  Nothing any different that what was covered in any other EO briefing I have been in.

Took me 8 minutes to do.  Important information to know, presented well on line.  Probably a good example of taking the time to develop a briefing that saves members' time overall in complying.
RM 

Grumpy

OK, we're jumping through the hoops, crossing all theTees, dotting all the I's.  So far so good.  I had one of my members ask the following question and still wasn't quite sure how to answer.  Is there an official opinion out there?

"Say an openly gay male wants to work with our cadets...then what? And if our Squadron demurres???"

Thanks,

lordmonar

Quote from: Grumpy on February 02, 2009, 04:17:51 PM
OK, we're jumping through the hoops, crossing all theTees, dotting all the I's.  So far so good.  I had one of my members ask the following question and still wasn't quite sure how to answer.  Is there an official opinion out there?

"Say an openly gay male wants to work with our cadets...then what? And if our Squadron demurres???"

Thanks,

Let him in....see the "don't ask don't tell" thread.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

Gay doesn't equal pedophile.  Open or not, there is no difference between that person working with the cadets than a heterosexual male working with female cadets.  We don't automatically assume that a heterosexual male is a sexual deviant when they want to work with cadets.

However, all of the homosexual people I've ever met don't go around telling everyone that they're gay - just like you don't tell everyone you're straight.  It should be a mute point in the squadron.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Grumpy

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 02, 2009, 04:30:59 PM

Gay doesn't equal pedophile.  Open or not, there is no difference between that person working with the cadets than a heterosexual male working with female cadets.  We don't automatically assume that a heterosexual male is a sexual deviant when they want to work with cadets.

However, all of the homosexual people I've ever met don't go around telling everyone that they're gay - just like you don't tell everyone you're straight.  It should be a mute point in the squadron.

Good answer.  I was thinking along those lines.  I guess I just needed a confirmation.

Thanks you guys

Rotorhead

Thanks,

"Say an openly heterosexual male wants to work with our cadets, some of whom are female...then what?"
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Grumpy

This was exactly my response but your answers are worded better.

capchiro

Of course, the most important part is to be sure to know who to report any of this to.  That would be the OE officer.  And that would be vacant at this time.  Nothing like having 53,000 troops trained and armed with useless information..
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

lordmonar

You can never go wrong if you inform/report to the commander at appropriate level.

ThorntonOL

Quite true,at least we can still report to the commander or IG.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

lordmonar

Quote from: ThorntonOL on February 05, 2009, 08:48:46 PM
Quite true,at least we can still report to the commander or IG.

Not EEO.  If you report it to the IG all he can do is refer you to the EEO/commander.