Main Menu

New USAF Uniform

Started by Nick Critelli, March 23, 2006, 05:43:01 AM

Nick Critelli

Thought you would like to see the new USAF ABU uniform.  You'll be seeing them near the close of 2006 with mandatory wear date of 2011.

For more info see: 

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,91425,00.html?ESRC=airforce-a.nl

For a full photo see:

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/060317-F-0000R-001.jpg

Lt.Col. Nick Critelli CAP
Chief of Staff
Iowa Wing

Becks

Wow I really like it.  :clap: The fact that you wear it straight out of the dryer is pretty sweet as well.  Think CAP will ever see it?

BBATW

alexalvarez

I really like the new ABU. I hope CAP will be able to wear it in the future.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

shorning

Quote from: Becks on March 23, 2006, 05:55:20 AM
The fact that you wear it straight out of the dryer is pretty sweet as well.

Much like a flightsuit.  Can still look good if you take it our of the dryer right away.

Matt

It's better than the orginal designs I saw.  Although, I'm still partial to the Woodlands because ALL OF THE SERVICES WERE THEN UNIFORM, I still am diggin' it.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

biZarre

If we ever get permission to wear this uniform, it sure will look silly with the blue and white name tapes  ::)
Doug Kilian, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Minnesota Wing

Matt

Quote from: biZarre on March 23, 2006, 07:43:46 PM
If we ever get permission to wear this uniform, it sure will look silly with the blue and white name tapes  ::)

Don't the regular BDU's?
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Viper

What's CAP going to wear when there is no more Woodland BDUs?

BTW, I find the Marine Corps' MARPAT Utilities to be the nicest of the new 'BDUs,' if you will.  JMHO.

shorning

Quote from: Viper on March 23, 2006, 09:42:42 PM
What's CAP going to wear when there is no more Woodland BDUs

The field uniform...just like you can now.

Viper

Quote from: shorning on March 23, 2006, 09:58:02 PM

YAY!!!!  Now I can play SWAT on the way to CAP Meetings.  Fun!

shorning

Quote from: Viper on March 23, 2006, 11:35:06 PM

None of the SWAT guys any where I've lived since being in the military have worn blue BDUs.  In fact, everytime I've seen them on TV, they've been wearing woodland BDU pants if not the entire ensamble.

Personally I think it looks a lot sharper that wearing full color patches on woodland camouflage.  But then, I don't have to wear BDUs to be cool, because, 1) let's face it, I'm just not that cool, and 2) I get my fill of wearing them outside of CAP.

MIKE

I would hope that CAP would not decide to replace the woodland BDU with the CAP Field Uniform when the woodland BDUs are no longer readily available.  I would prefer that we would continue to be authorized the currently authorized Air Force utility uniform... ABU and beyond, in much the same way that we are authorized the current Air Force style service uniform.

Obviously, if the USAF says no dice on the ABU... Or no longer lets us wear other Air Force style uniforms, I would shut up and color.
Mike Johnston

Nick

Quote from: MIKE on March 24, 2006, 12:46:23 AM
I would hope that CAP would not decide to replace the woodland BDU with the CAP Field Uniform when the woodland BDUs are no longer readily available.  I would prefer that we would continue to be authorized the currently authorized Air Force utility uniform... ABU and beyond, in much the same way that we are authorized the current Air Force style service uniform.

Obviously, if the USAF says no dice on the ABU... Or no longer lets us wear other Air Force style uniforms, I would shut up and color.

*IF* we were ever authorized the ABU, it would be several years after they roll out before we would get our hands on them.  Like we saw with the new Army PT uniform, then the new AF PT uniform, and then with the ACU, MCSS shelves were empty for at least a year after the uniform was released.  It'll play the whole priority game: 1) Personnel in or preparing to deploy to AORs, 2) Active duty, 2.5) Cadets fixin' to commission, 3) Reserve/Guard, 4) Everyone else
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on March 24, 2006, 12:46:23 AM

Or CAP decides to scrap the AF-style uniforms for the "distinctive" corporate uniforms.  It won't surprise me when we adopt the new corporate uniforms (the so called "corporate blues") in place of AF-style uniforms.  It's just a short step from there to blue field and utility uniforms.

MIKE

Quote from: shorning on March 24, 2006, 01:40:28 AM
Or CAP decides to scrap the AF-style uniforms for the "distinctive" corporate uniforms.  It won't surprise me when we adopt the new corporate uniforms (the so called "corporate blues") in place of AF-style uniforms.  It's just a short step from there to blue field and utility uniforms.

Yeah... That too I suppose. I just like my Air Force style uniforms... Been wearing them since I was a cadidiot, and don't currently own any CAP distinctive stuff. 
Mike Johnston

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on March 24, 2006, 02:22:01 AM
Yeah... That too I suppose. I just like my Air Force style uniforms... Been wearing them since I was a cadidiot, and don't currently own any CAP distinctive stuff. 

I"m trying to switch to all corporate, but it's like shooting at a moving target.  I wish I knew what they were "thinking" of for the future of uniforms.  I don't need to wear AF-style uniforms.  I get to "play" Air Force enough as it is.

Viper

Quote from: shorning on March 24, 2006, 12:26:49 AM
Quote from: Viper on March 23, 2006, 11:35:06 PM

None of the SWAT guys any where I've lived since being in the military have worn blue BDUs.  In fact, everytime I've seen them on TV, they've been wearing woodland BDU pants if not the entire ensamble.

Personally I think it looks a lot sharper that wearing full color patches on woodland camouflage.  But then, I don't have to wear BDUs to be cool, because, 1) let's face it, I'm just not that cool, and 2) I get my fill of wearing them outside of CAP.

IIRC, the guys I've seen on Dallas SWAT have been wearing the Blue 'BDUs.'  I've seen otherrs wearing them as well, sir.

EDIT: As I sit here watching Dallas SWAT on A&E, that is what the SWAT Team Members are wearing.

shorning

Quote from: Viper on March 24, 2006, 02:58:42 AM
IIRC, the guys I've seen on Dallas SWAT have been wearing the Blue 'BDUs.'  I've seen otherrs wearing them as well, sir.

EDIT: As I sit here watching Dallas SWAT on A&E, that is what the SWAT Team Members are wearing.

Never said they didn't.   What I said was:

Quote from: shorningNone of the SWAT guys any where I've lived since being in the military have worn blue BDUs.

I've never lived in Dallas.  So I wouldn't know what they wear. 

But why would you "play SWAT" because you're wearing the field uniform?  Do you "play Army" on your way to meetings now because you're wearing BDUs?  I don't see where a change in behavior comes in. 

Viper

Quote from: shorning on March 24, 2006, 04:53:56 AM
Quote from: Viper on March 24, 2006, 02:58:42 AM

Never said they didn't.   What I said was:

Quote from: shorningNone of the SWAT guys any where I've lived since being in the military have worn blue BDUs.

I've never lived in Dallas.  So I wouldn't know what they wear. 

But why would you "play SWAT" because you're wearing the field uniform?  Do you "play Army" on your way to meetings now because you're wearing BDUs?  I don't see where a change in behavior comes in. 

No, sir I sure don't./  I quit that like six years ago, lol.  BUT---the SMs 'play' Air Force.  Especially now that black t-shirts can now be worn with the BBDU, we'll look more like SWAT.  I just think that it's funny that CAP wears a uniform similar to SWAT, that's all sir.

shorning

Quote from: Viper on March 24, 2006, 03:43:30 PM
I just think that it's funny that CAP wears a uniform similar to SWAT, that's all sir.

No funnier than CAP playing "military" by wearing BDUs...