Main Menu

Squadron Holiday Party

Started by Stonewall, December 10, 2008, 02:43:05 AM

Does your squadron have an annual Christmas holiday party?

Yes, every year.
53 (76.8%)
No, not that I'm aware of.
3 (4.3%)
Sometimes.
13 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ThorntonOL

We are suppose to have one next Thursday, but if the weather is as bad as tonight I doubt thats going to happen. Tonight was last minute testing for anyone who missed the last testing night here in Dec. and also cleanup for the Christmas Open House on the 28th but due to the icy rains it was canceled.
When I first jojned we had a fall awards night that happened once ot twice then recently in the past 4-5 years started having an open house. (Might have been sooner)
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

Stonewall

Had ours tonight.  Wing King showed up as well as the chief of staff.  Good times, great food, and I'm stuffed.
Serving since 1987.

Ricochet13

Quote from: Stonewall on December 12, 2008, 02:55:25 AM
Had ours tonight.  Wing King showed up as well as the chief of staff.  Good times, great food, and I'm stuffed.

Just got home from our Christmas and Holiday gathering.  Great success in my mind, as most attended with wives or significant others, majority stayed on past announced ending time, there was talk about doing this more often with families, and is sure looked like everyone enjoyed themselves too.  Food wasn't bad either!   ;D

PORed

I work with Sea Cadets as well and I would like to take a lesson learned from our Christmas Party and say don't have any inflatable moon bounce or other type activities without a paramedic on-scene. We had a moon bounce, a inflatable boxing ring, a inflatable rockwall and some other stuff too. The night ended with two concussions, a couple black eyes and welts and a twisted knee and ankle.

LtCol057

That would make interesting reading in the Sentinel.