Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 09:41:10 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tall Tales  |  Topic: "Tid bits "O" Humor"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: "Tid bits "O" Humor"  (Read 23235 times)
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

Just as I thought...cadets CAN police themselves...  :o

If they're allowed to. ::)
TexasBEAST

Unit: Alpha SAR

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »

My name is Steven, and I had a supervisor on-shift at work today named Brian. We each sold some widgets at a great premium price early during the shift today, so the sup announced on the radio that we were "Team BS".

We saw a female co-worker nodding her head up and down and grinning from ear to ear at that.

Then Brian expounded on his earlier comment, "Of course, that's 'BS' for 'Best Sellers'."

The female co-worker made the thumbs-down sign and shook her head sideways.

At that point, I pointed out that the sup was forgetting about one of my buddies named Gilbert. I told him that that would actually make us "Team BSG . . . or Battlestar Galactica."

The radio went silent for several seconds.

And then Brian remarked, "You WOULD say something like that!"
--TB
calebtornado12
Recruit

Unit: RMR-ID-073

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »

Alright, I've got a good one for y'all. A few weeks back, my flight received around 12 new cadets that just graduated our "New Cadet Program," and I was addressing them outside at this point. Here's what went down.

In total, I had about 25 cadets in the flight and we were outside, so i needed to raise my voice quite a bit so that everyone could hear me. Now.... being the growing teenager I am, sometimes yelling in general is a bad idea considering what can happen.

So we are standing in the flight, and I'm addressing all the cadets on how their chain of command works and who they need to contact and stuff like that. At the end of each statement, I would say "Is that understood?" but in a louder way, and the proper reply would normally be "Yes Sergeant."

So at the end of this final statement, I had been speaking for a long time at this point, and my throat was getting tired, and I asked one more time, "Is that understood?" But this one was different... I had been saying this one a bit louder than the others, when suddenly, on the "-Stood" part of "understood" my voice cracked in a way that I personally like to say was "majestic,"  8) but according to some other cadets, my voice "sounded like a piccolo being beaten by a rubber chicken."

I now have a new nickname in the squadron known by all.... "Sergeant Squeaky"

Oh, and did I mention, the majority of our Senior Staff was their to witness it.  ;D

C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
Boise Composite Flight Commander
RMR-ID-073
Off we go, into the 'Wild Blue Yonder'...
JeffDG

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 10:30:09 PM »

C/Msgt: I thought she said she had never eaten testicles before..
We called them Prairie Oysters.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »

Re: Sgt Squeaky - that's a classic call sign assignment. You don't pick your own; it gets picked for you. And, the more you complain, the more it stick with you.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
calebtornado12
Recruit

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:29 PM »

Re: Sgt Squeaky - that's a classic call sign assignment. You don't pick your own; it gets picked for you. And, the more you complain, the more it stick with you.

I didn't give that to myself? That was given to me... And yes, the more complaining that happens, the worse it will get. I personally don't have a problem with that name, but I've seen other have that problem.
C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
RMR-ID-073
SarDragon
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:59 PM »

I didn't give that to myself? That was given to me... And yes, the more complaining that happens, the worse it will get. I personally don't have a problem with that name, but I've seen other have that problem.

Never said you did. I was just pointing out, for the benefit of others, how call signs work. Not everyone, particularly cadets, knows the drill.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
calebtornado12
Recruit

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »

Ah alright sir, sorry about that.
C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
RMR-ID-073
grunt82abn
Forum Regular

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 12:44:10 AM »

If any wants additional "Tid bits "O" Humor" go check out the barrel role post. Hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present
SarDragon
Global Moderator

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:04 AM »

If any wants additional "Tid bits "O" Humor" go check out the barrel role post. Hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D

I'd rather have a leading role. Better marquee position.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
DakRadz

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »

I'd rather have a leading role. Better marquee position.  >:D

Ain't that the truth!

Glad I could oblige ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tall Tales  |  Topic: "Tid bits "O" Humor"