Presidential Candidates AOPA interviews

Started by Flying Pig, October 21, 2008, 04:32:18 PM

pixelwonk

predicting relevance lock in 3... 2... 1...

heliodoc

I don't see a problem with Flying Pig putting up a thread from AOPA on where the candidates stand on aviation issues.

It will eventually affect us ALL including CAP. So I see the relevance.  If you are just an F4 ALt Del pilot, i can certainly see the problem.

For all us other CAP, GA , military, agency airplane drivers and mechanics...... certainly there is relevance on how these characters see aviation.  tnhe current characters in the current administration leave something to be desired....  closing FSS's for "cost savings" would be an example

Relevance.... Yes   Lock NO

heliodoc

I'll make a correction ..... Lockheed Martin closing FSS's

BUT who put the closure on FSS as a government service??

Flying Pig

Quote from: teddeh on October 21, 2008, 05:40:48 PM
predicting relevance lock in 3... 2... 1...

Relevance?  Your kidding right?

pixelwonk

Neither of you would even begin to know what I feel is relevant or not, so chill out.

Politically-charged discussions typically get locked.  It's a fact.

stratoflyer

So what about the issue of aviation? McCain seems to understand GA better.

Doesn't he want to privatize ATC?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

wuzafuzz

Flying Pig...thanks for posting!  It was really nice to see their views on issues that don't make the news.

Not that I was undecided or anything...   ;)
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

dwb

I thought the questions from AOPA were "softball" in nature.  It's nice to know both Senators oppose privatizing ATC, but the other answers were pretty generic.

Of course a candidate will say "I think GA is important" when talking to a GA lobbying organization.  It does look like McCain took the time to provide more comprehensive answers.

cnitas

I would think that is because as an aviator, McCain has a better grasp of aviation issues.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP