Velcro backed GT badge

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 26, 2008, 12:38:32 AM

♠SARKID♠

Does anybody know where I could find a velcro backed basic ground team badge?  I found a nifty  ECWCS liner that has velcro for name tape, branch tape, and a rating badge and if I can find a velcro backed badge I might just get it.  Sent an email to 1800nametapes to see if they'll do it, but if someone has a source that would be great.

DC

I don't know about the GT badge, but the site you linked to has freaking awesome prices. An ECWCS parka for $89.99, there is a similar liner in the Hock for something like $40, they have it for $20!

Great find.

Eclipse

5 minutes with a needle would save you a lot of time, or $2 (prob) at your local tailer.

With that said, nametapes and specialty insignia are not authorized for wear on the Gore-Tex jackets, only the grade slide.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Where do you intend to wear this?

Its certainly not authorized for wear with a CAP uniform, and if you're intending to wear it over civilian clothes you shouldn't be putting CAP insignia on it.

As to the nametapes, you can get them direct from the above place with Velcro already attached.

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: DC on August 26, 2008, 01:12:59 AM
I don't know about the GT badge, but the site you linked to has freaking awesome prices. An ECWCS parka for $89.99, there is a similar liner in the Hock for something like $40, they have it for $20!

Great find.

Yeah, Streichers is pretty great.  They have a store location about two minutes from my squadron's hangar that you can only get in to if you are part of the LE/fire/sar community.  Lots of neat stuff there.

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2008, 01:15:54 AM
With that said, nametapes and specialty insignia are not authorized for wear on the Gore-Tex jackets, only the grade slide.

Yeah I know, but I'm one of those folks who likes to have things even if they aren't used.  The patch may come in handy in the future if the need ever arises anyways.

QuoteWhere do you intend to wear this?

Inside the goretex jacket for which it is a liner.

hatentx

that is really close to what the Army Issues.  We call it a bear suit with the pants that come with them.  I dont know about wearing it as outer wear as the Army does but I love mine!!!  It was the best while I was in Iraq.  Only $20  not bad at all either. 

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2008, 01:21:07 AM
Its certainly not authorized for wear with a CAP uniform, and if you're intending to wear it over civilian clothes you shouldn't be putting CAP insignia on it.

Oh no?  I couldn't wear this over any of the corporate uniforms?   Don't confuse outerwear rules for AF-style uniforms with "can't wear this with a CAP uniform".  For the cost, it would actually be pretty sharp with the BBDUs or even the polo combo - though the black fleece might look best.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on August 26, 2008, 12:43:01 PM

Oh no?  I couldn't wear this over any of the corporate uniforms?   

Not with a GT badge on it...

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2008, 01:05:36 PM

Or branch tapes...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pylon

Can't wear Civil Air Patrol tapes and insignia, right.  But I still can wear the fleece with any corporate uniform.

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on August 26, 2008, 01:47:19 PM
Can't wear Civil Air Patrol tapes and insignia, right.  But I still can wear the fleece with any corporate uniform.

Well, not the CSU, but certainly the aviator whites, golf shirt, blue bdus, and blue flight suit.

"That Others May Zoom"

Whocares

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 26, 2008, 12:38:32 AM
Does anybody know where I could find a velcro backed basic ground team badge?  I found a nifty  ECWCS liner that has velcro for name tape, branch tape, and a rating badge

Aside from the CAP wear/not-wear thing, the spot above the left side is not for a rating badge.  It was for rank.  That jacket is one that the Army was going to issue out for wear, but then decided not to last I heard.  Never really kept up with the issue and had no intention of buying one anyway when I have my black fleece. 

cap235629

Quote from: davidsinn on August 26, 2008, 01:26:28 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2008, 01:05:36 PM

Or branch tapes...

Show me where it says this in the regs, I can't seem to find it anywhere
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Pylon

Quote from: cap235629 on August 27, 2008, 04:39:10 AM
Show me where it says this in the regs, I can't seem to find it anywhere

CAPM 39-1 controls what you can and cannot do with the insignia and uniform items therein.  It also states that it is an exclusionary reg -- in other words, if CAPM 39-1 doesn't explicitly say "you can do this", then you cannot.   We're not allowed to wear pink hats not because CAPM 39-1 says "you can't wear pink hats" but because it doesn't come right out and say we can. 

Another example, I can't pin subdued pin-on grade insignia to a  squadron baseball hat or on my PT clothing -- not because CAPM 39-1 specifically says "Don't wear subdued grade insignia on civilian clothing during PT" (because it doesn't say that anywhere), but I know I can't do it because it hasn't been specifically authorized.

Further clarification on this as it applies to wearing of CAP insignia on civilian clothing can be found here in the Knowledgebase.