Sq. Leadership school class for overseas unit in Europe

Started by NHQ-OS-126 Frank, April 27, 2008, 09:57:34 AM

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello everybody,

We have some seniors in our unit over here that are ready for finishing Level II but do not have yet the SLS. We had a senior member from CA who could teach SLS but he PCS'd back to the states a few weeks ago faster that he thought .......

So there is anybody right now in the unit who can teach SLS and we don't know what to do now........

Maybe there is anybody from the states who wants to visit Europe, Germany and maybe our squadron at Spangdahlem AB who could teach us the SLS class.

Bye bye from Europe.

Oh yes, we have a new squadron website. So you can see what we have done in the last time.

www.capspangdahlem.com

Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

RiverAux

I'm not sure there is a specific requirement for who can teach it. 

TankerT

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on April 27, 2008, 09:57:34 AM
Hello everybody,

We have some seniors in our unit over here that are ready for finishing Level II but do not have yet the SLS. We had a senior member from CA who could teach SLS but he PCS'd back to the states a few weeks ago faster that he thought .......

So there is anybody right now in the unit who can teach SLS and we don't know what to do now........

Maybe there is anybody from the states who wants to visit Europe, Germany and maybe our squadron at Spangdahlem AB who could teach us the SLS class.

Bye bye from Europe.

Oh yes, we have a new squadron website. So you can see what we have done in the last time.

www.capspangdahlem.com

I'd be up for something like this.  I have plans to hit Germany this fall anyway, if things work out.  (Not sure if that is too far out for you though.)  Making the trip a tax deduction is always a winner...

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

RogueLeader

There is no requirement that I know of that says you have to had SLS to teach it.

I would do the following:

Determibe how many need to attend.
Determine about how many can attend.
Find a date that works for as many as possible.
Send up a request for an SLS to Wing CC, in your case BG Courter.
If there is a member that has had SLS, make that person the Course Director.
Get the members who are taking the class to be instructors of a segment as well.
Arange the place in a place that can accomadate a Computer/projector.
Hold SLS.

IMHO, having students doing a segment as well can really help out in learning the material.  It also knoks out a Level III requirement as well.

If there are no members there that have not had SLS, ask that a waiver be granted so the class cn continue.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

I was the commander of an overseas unit.

Just teach the class.

There is no requirement to have already attended to be an instructor or even the director.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Quote from: lordmonar on April 27, 2008, 06:46:48 PM
I was the commander of an overseas unit.

Just teach the class.

There is no requirement to have already attended to be an instructor or even the director.

I disagree.  I think that I'm going to have to teach at this for them.   >:D   ;)

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753