Working with law enforcement

Started by sandman, April 23, 2008, 06:03:37 AM

sandman

I was just wondering if anyone has recently worked with any law enforcement agencies this year or within the last few years. I was thinking about this as I came across this statement from the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS, a branch of NOAA):

QuoteAlthough the OLE continues to expand our cooperation with a variety of other agencies, the U.S. Coast Guard remains the OLE's closest ally in the protection of our Federal fisheries.

At sea, on land and airborne patrols conducted with the Coast Guard, Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, Civil Air Patrol and our state partners have varying effects protecting our living marine resources and catching offenders, their importance and use in educating the public and documenting fishing violations while at sea are invaluable.

The link: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/investigations.html

Details would be interesting but I can understand if details cannot be given. Maybe just a confirmation and the agency name. Has anyone worked with NMFS?

Thanks,

LT

MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

sandman

There is history with CAP working with Fish and Wildlife Service. See link for historical doc from 1944 (CAP mentioned at bottom of page).

Link: http://www.fws.gov/news/historic/1944/19440117.pdf

/r
LT
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

isuhawkeye

In the past Iowa has flown wetland patrols for the DNR office here

Eclipse

In the last calendar year (ish), ILWG has flown missions for the Chicago Police Department and NOAA, the latter with a rep in the aircraft.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I have observed that since we went towards having the NOC be the approving authority for most mission requests that we have actually been doing more law enforcement support missions than we did in the past.  I think having some consistency in how such requests are evaluated has made it easier to get them approved.