Main Menu

Favorite quotes

Started by notaNCO forever, February 08, 2008, 07:30:35 PM

notaNCO forever

The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b@$terd die for his. Gen Patton

Duct tape is like the force it has a light side and a dark side but most of all it controls the universe. Carl Zwanzig

I'll post more latter.

DNall

Somebody around here has my favorite on their tag line already...
"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English languarge; you can never do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E Lee

You want some good &/or entertaining ones, take a read around socnet.

Maj Ballard

Ok I have to be a word-nerd here and point out that the correct word is "quotation."  ;D

QUOTE is a verb.
QUOTATION is a noun.

One quotes a quotation.

That is all.  >:D
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

JayT

"The future you had yesterday, won't be the same future you'll have, tomorrow."

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

♠SARKID♠

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! - Shakespeare
The best gold can be found at the bottom of barrels of ****.
I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints.  They're in my socks upstairs. - Groucho Marx

Those plus the ones in my signature.

notaNCO forever

Like the ones in the signature. Are you a Dougles Adams fan?

Flying Pig

Conduct every vehicle stop extending the olive branch of peace, while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. -Gordon Graham-Attorney  (Some of you here will flame out on that but since 3 of my shootings have been on vehicle stops.... ;))

Good judgement comes from experience.  And experience, well, that comes from bad judgement.

LtCol White

"Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an a**hole"
- Bourbon St t-shirt

>:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: NCO forever on February 08, 2008, 08:22:56 PM
Like the ones in the signature. Are you a Dougles Adams fan?

Only when he's writing sober.  Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was outstanding, but by the 4th book he was pretty heavy on the sauce and couldn't write to save his life.

Walkman

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 6 sharpening my ax" -Abraham Lincoln

"Hell is the person you are, someday meeting the person you could have been" -John Crowe

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security" -Benjamin Franklin

And my favorite from Roosevelt:
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

BigMojo

I have 2:

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
~Vince Lombardi

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. 
~James Lalropui Keivom
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

SAR-EMT1

" Whatever you are, be a good one"
- Abe Lincoln

" The gloves are for YOUR safety"
- daily phrase to patients
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

smj58501

"You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."

"You don't have enough talent to win on talent alone."

-Herb Brooks
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

smj58501

"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."

- Dan Birdwell

"Winning is a great deodorant"

- John Madden

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

- Joe Theismann

"This crowd has gone deadly silent... a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become The Masters champion."

- Carl Spackler

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."

-Judge Smails

Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

DrDave

"You knew the job was dangerious when you took it, Fred"
                                   -- Superchicken

"Hell, the fall'l probably kill ya."  Butch to Sundance when they jump off the cliff into the river and Sundance says he's afraid to jump because he can't swim.

"Never send a ferret to do a weasel's job"  -- Louie the talking beer lizard.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Cecil DP

If you're looking for sympathy try the dictionary-It's somewhere between S**T and syphillis. -M. P. McEleney

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

notaNCO forever

Marines don't die they just go to hell and regroup >:D cool bumper sticker

Eeyore

"Nothing in the word can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

-Calvin Coolidge

"Evil is short lived. Never judge of the whole round of life by the mere segment you can see. The whole is, in the end, perfect."

-Frank Norris

"And victorious in war, shall be made glorious in peace."

-Wars of the Roses

notaNCO forever

Everybody is born and dies the same way it's what we do in beatween that counts.

LtCol White

What you are is God's gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.