25 Year Decoration Rec

Started by adamblank, October 18, 2007, 05:02:41 AM

adamblank

All,

I was curious as to what you think would be the most appropriate decoration to put a member who is about to hit his 25 year mark.  He is a Gil Rob Wilson recipient, and a 2-term Sq/CC along with various wing jobs.  Any thoughts?

Adam
Adam Brandao

PHall

The 25 year attachment for his Red Service Ribbon.

SarDragon

Thanks, Phil. That was my thought, too.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cecil DP

Quote from: adamblank on October 18, 2007, 05:02:41 AM
All,

I was curious as to what you think would be the most appropriate decoration to put a member who is about to hit his 25 year mark.  He is a Gil Rob Wilson recipient, and a 2-term Sq/CC along with various wing jobs.  Any thoughts?

Adam

The 25 year device is what you get for serving 25 years, He should have been recognized for his efforts as Commander and the staff  when he completed his term in these offices. If you feel you'd like to nominate him for one of CAP's decorations, sit down and write a citation in accordance with CAPM 39-3. Be specific as to his accomplishments, how his efforts contributed to the CAP mission, and that the success of that mission relied to a great deal on his efforts.

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

AlphaSigOU

25-year device on the RSR? That's a 'gimmie' ribbon! Break out the CAPF 120 and recommend the guy for at least a 'Comm Comm' or a MSA.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mikeylikey

^ Agreed!  Has this gentleman been active for all 25 years straight??
What's up monkeys?

Flying Pig

Chip in as a Sq and get the guy a plaque.  There are already decorations "attachements" for longevity.  Thats what they are for.   If he rated other decorations in addition to those designed for years of service he should have been put in for them when did the deed.  I guess Im just a meanie.

adamblank

I can understan the differences of opinion on this issue.  I am getting a complete bio to back up putting him in for a commendation.  I feel as though we can sometimes not put in our folks when we are supposed to.  Thank you for the advice.

Adam
Adam Brandao

ZigZag911

Wing "senior of the year" is supposed to recognize an officer's CAP career....sounds like you have a prime candidate here!

Cecil DP

Quote from: ZigZag911 on October 19, 2007, 12:23:56 AM
Wing "senior of the year" is supposed to recognize an officer's CAP career....sounds like you have a prime candidate here!

Sounds like that is the award to go for.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PHall

Well, if he has multiple Commander's Commendations, put him in for a Meritorious Service Award.