Main Menu

From this morning's NOTF

Started by Chappie, August 13, 2007, 06:23:31 PM

Skyray

QuoteSo join up again.  If you resigned, reapply.  Not sure what the problem is? 

The problem is a flag on my file at National.  I have been told many times that it has been removed, only to apply and find out that it hasn't.  Maybe if this scenario plays out it will finally be gone.  And maybe it won't.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

isuhawkeye

Rex Glasgow is many things, but he is no idiot.  He was very aware of the implications of his resignation, and he was very happy to spend the last few months of his mothers life being close to home. 

ddelaney103

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 14, 2007, 01:14:28 AM
Rex Glasgow is many things, but he is no idiot.  He was very aware of the implications of his resignation, and he was very happy to spend the last few months of his mothers life being close to home. 

That's why I phrased it as an "if/then" statement, because "being tricked into giving a signed resignation letter" ranks up there with "forced to take ACSC test" on the lame excuses chart.

Threatening to resign is the "nuclear option," and you'd better be ready to have them call you on it.  Hooker learned that before Gettysburg, so no one should be surprised about that now.

shorning

Quote from: Skyray on August 13, 2007, 07:17:40 PM
I got an email last week from an extremely astute analyst speculating that the "Suspension" was a ploy by the Chairman of the Board of Governors to buy time until the heat cooled of in the kitchen.  Then the suspension expires, and we are back to business as normal.

Or...and here's a crazy thought...they could be following the proper procedures for a case like this.  Funny, but we have procedures for this.  Nah...that can't be it.  No one reads the regs any more...

JCJ

Quote from: Skyray on August 13, 2007, 07:17:40 PM
Quote from: justin_bailey on August 13, 2007, 07:03:11 PM
Blah blah blah... isn't there anything else to talk about?
I got an email last week from an extremely astute analyst speculating that the "Suspension" was a ploy by the Chairman of the Board of Governors to buy time until the heat cooled of in the kitchen.  Then the suspension expires, and we are back to business as normal.  I hope he is wrong, but I am not assembling my TPU just yet.

I'd suggest you might need a new analyst.

Skyray

QuoteOr...and here's a crazy thought...they could be following the proper procedures for a case like this.  Funny, but we have procedures for this.  Nah...that can't be it.  No one reads the regs any more...

There have been many IG Investigations over the last twenty years where they didn't follow the regulations.  I have even been a witness in several of them.  If they have finally started following the regulations, it is a welcome change, but I have seen enough cover-ups that I am a little suspicious.  For the individual that thinks I need a new analyst; I use many analysts, and choose what to think for myself.  This particular one was Florida Senior member of the year and is now a federal judge, so he has a pretty good measure of bona fides.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Hartley

Hi Gents,

Just a tiny thing, but illustrative perhaps, regarding the veracity of the NOTF article.  Mr. O'Dell's (he would be "Mr." even if he was once a Colonel since he's a part of the paid staff now) first name is NOT "George".

Hartley

dhon27

Plus, I believe his name is "Odell", not "O'Dell"

shorning

Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 01:15:46 PM
QuoteOr...and here's a crazy thought...they could be following the proper procedures for a case like this.  Funny, but we have procedures for this.  Nah...that can't be it.  No one reads the regs any more...

There have been many IG Investigations over the last twenty years where they didn't follow the regulations.  I have even been a witness in several of them.  If they have finally started following the regulations, it is a welcome change, but I have seen enough cover-ups that I am a little suspicious.... 

One thing that many people aren't aware of is that the current IG program has only been around since 2000.  So, it's a little disingenuous to use standards from 20 years ago to judge today's program.  We should be using today's guidance in a situation like this and from what little I know about the situation, they are.  But then, a "conspiracy" makes for a better story and it's easier to get people spun up.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras".

Skyray

It is also disingenous to pontificate about the "new" IG program that was put in place to solve problems with the old one like it was an epiphany.

Since leadership in this organization answered to no one, there were extensive abuses.  No conspiracy, just an arrogant attitude that "Le ley, c'est moi."  Raise an issue that even twenty years ago required suspension of the target of the investigation, and it didn't happen.  Raise the issue of why the mandated suspension pending investigation didn't happen, and you got dismissed as a "disgruntled former member."  It's nice to see it has changed.
Doug Johnson - Miami

shorning

Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 04:57:53 PM
It is also disingenous to pontificate about the "new" IG program that was put in place to solve problems with the old one like it was an epiphany.

Pontificate?  Oh, please... ::)  Are you going to throw around "Weasel Empire" next?  Heaven forbid you actually contribute something positive to the community here.

shorning

Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 04:57:53 PM
It's nice to see it has changed.

But it's easier if you're the martyr, isn't it? 

Skyray

Tell me something, LtCol Horning.  Have you ever gotten a cadet reinstated from a 2B whose only offense was complaining that his sister was trading sex for achievement answers?  I have.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Pylon

*ahem*  Conversation back on track?  'Kay, thanks. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Skyray

Quote from: Pylon on August 15, 2007, 11:27:56 AM
*ahem*  Conversation back on track?  'Kay, thanks. 

I am going to jump to the conclusion that the discussion track is the suitability of a general amnesty rather than the delicts that brought us to this point.  Even though it would probably benefit me, I am against a general amnesty.  Many of those terminated wrongfully would have nothing to do with CAP, having become disgusted with the process, and, believe it or not, some of those who got terminated during the pogrom deserved to be terminated.  I think a review board along the lines of the MARB but with wider access would be more appropriate.
Doug Johnson - Miami

CAPLAW

Mr. Johnson, The situation you refer to is very sensitive matter here in the Florida Wing and on a National level as well.  Even though it is in the past, I myself would not mention it on this forum.  I respect your thoughts and opinions that you post, However sir, for those of us who know these past cadets an officers involved lets leave this subject alone and private.

Skyray

Quote from: CAPLAW on August 15, 2007, 04:27:47 PM
Mr. Johnson, The situation you refer to is very sensitive matter here in the Florida Wing and on a National level as well.  Even though it is in the past, I myself would not mention it on this forum.  I respect your thoughts and opinions that you post, However sir, for those of us who know these past cadets and officers involved lets leave this subject alone and private.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.  I had no intention of continuing on to specific cases; that would be for the board, if one be formed.  But I remain opposed to a general amnesty.  I know this puts me at odds with others in my situation, but not going along to get along is what got me here.  If it suits you, send me an email to my stage name at skyray.com.  We are not in total agreement that this is in the past, but I think you are right, this is not the place to hash it out.
Doug Johnson - Miami

MIKE

And with that we'll shut this one down.
Mike Johnston