Blue Golf Shirt Wear & Trousers Requirements!!!

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM

RADIOMAN015

;D  Wow, anybody see the recent picture on the CAP website for news showing the pilot from NV wing wearing the Blue Golf Shirts with the CAP emblem & his name/aero rating BUT he was wearing denim jeans rather than those medium grey pants.  Personally, I see no reason why other pants styles & colors can't be worn with those blue Golf shirts.  Personally I kind of like the denim blue jeans idea..  Perhaps NV wing has supplemented the uniform manual. ???   

IceNine

couldn't be a supplement, supplements can only make the regs more restrictive not more lenient
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

The right way to go is to standardize the pants in some way.  Right now "greyish" seems to be the rule and I've seen dozens of intepretations that ensure a big lack of uniformity.  I don't think jeans are the way to go though. 

you're right they should standardize better than the any shade of grey so long as it's not jeans.  It looks horrible when you get 3 or 4 people in the golf shirt and pants combination and they've all got different types of greys on it doesn't look professional or dear I it, "uniform"?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 06:32:45 PM
you're right they should standardize better than the any shade of grey so long as it's not jeans.  It looks horrible when you get 3 or 4 people in the golf shirt and pants combination and they've all got different types of greys on it doesn't look professional or dear I it, "uniform"?

They only look horrible if they have the same blue shirt on. They look abominable when they each wear a different version of tho polo and a different style trouser

RogueLeader

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 03, 2007, 07:04:19 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 06:32:45 PM

They only look horrible if they have the same blue shirt on. They look abominable when they each wear a different version of tho polo and a different style trouser
rotf,lmao
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Volunteer shows a cadet major with insignia facing the wrong way...   :(

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 07:11:22 PM

????

How do you get a pair of diamonds backward?

floridacyclist

90 deg off?

That's about like the cadet on the national website with a green vest on.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

pixelwonk

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 03, 2007, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 07:11:22 PM

????

How do you get a pair of diamonds backward?

Page 42.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Nomex Maximus

I hate the golf shirt uniform. What I hate most about it are the pants. In real life I rarely ever wear anything other than jeans. The polyester dockers that are required feel - weird. My wallet bulges out and I have to keep my car keys in a front pocket. Hate those pants when I am flying. Hate em hate em hate em. That is why I got the BBDU for gound work and the flightsuit for airborne.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

The only requirement for the pants is that they are grey and not jeans.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SarDragon

Quote from: CAPM 39-1, table 4-1, item 4Commercial dress trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or
similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats,
with or without cuffs. (No jeans or causal trousers made of cotton or twill
fabric.) Front of trouser legs rests on the front of shoe or boot. No bunching
at waist or sagging at seat. Trousers must be worn at natural waist.

[bold = most recent change text]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 03, 2007, 07:44:37 PM
Cadet Majors only wear 1 diamond...

I was picturing BDUs in my head. I could see messing one up but not both. Saw the picture though. Impressive...

SarDragon

Stuff happens.

The first time I put RR tracks on my new BDUs, I didn't look at the 39-1 pic first, and got them 90° off. The folks at the squadron got a good laugh over it. Some months later, our (Mitchell cadet) Dep Cdr for Cadets did exactly the same thing on her new BDU shirt. She was much less understanding of the humour of the situation. (What a tight-[FPOC]!)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 03, 2007, 05:47:51 PM
;D  Wow, anybody see the recent picture on the CAP website for news showing the pilot from NV wing wearing the Blue Golf Shirts with the CAP emblem & his name/aero rating BUT he was wearing denim jeans rather than those medium grey pants.  Personally, I see no reason why other pants styles & colors can't be worn with those blue Golf shirts.  Personally I kind of like the denim blue jeans idea..  Perhaps NV wing has supplemented the uniform manual. ???   

When you put the kibosh on PAWG and CAWG then you can come complain about some old timer wearing his blue jeans.  At least he had his CAP polo on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Quote from: lordmonar on August 04, 2007, 05:16:31 AM

When you put the kibosh on PAWG and CAWG then you can come complain about some old timer wearing his blue jeans.  At least he had his CAP polo on.

Don't destroy my wing.  I need something to conquer.

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 04, 2007, 05:23:21 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 04, 2007, 05:16:31 AM

Don't destroy my wing.  I need something to conquer.

^^ And I need to invade, I mean take over, opps, join  ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340