Main Menu

Tigerstrike Firestorm Lite

Started by ♠SARKID♠, June 05, 2018, 08:37:43 PM

♠SARKID♠

So I just got this in my email yesterday. Did anyone else? Has anyone had experience with this unit? I see some old posts about the Tigerstrike from 2011 and 2009, I figure this is a newer model.

QuoteFirestorm UAV has designed and developed the latest in handheld Rescue Beacon detectors. This is a low cost variant of our Military Search and Rescue for 121.5 MHz. With so many Elpers that have become unserviable, we were approached to produce a state of the arttargeting and mapping solution for Civil Air Patrol and other search and rescue teams.

Overview

TigerStrike Lite combines the most advanced applications of GPS and signal processing to locate 121.5 MHz beacons.

A single vector reading from 2 fixed locations is often all that is required to pinpoint an ELT or other signal within an accuracy of 5 degree's. This location can be sent via cell phone to the operational base.

Each vector is also transmitted via Bluetooth to the smart phone ( equipped with the TigerStrike Lite Application) conveniently mounted on the top of the TigerStrike Lite unit. In seconds, rescuers will be provided with sophisticated analysis, route, ETA to the target area and other valuable information.

TigerStrike's advanced signal-smart technology will filter out ambient noise to more quickly identify an ELT signal and positively identify weak or partial signal reception. TigerStrike Lite was developed for First Responders to locate a distress signal with pin point accuracy and speed unlike any other device. 

We all understand that every second is a heart beat. TigerStrike Lite will enhance your arsenal for success against time every time.

Features:
•Handheld Receiver
•Variable IF and RF controls for fine tuning
•Adjustable Emergency 121.5 MHz and Test beacon of
•121.775 MHz Frequencies (Used for training)
•Ease of Use with Flexible whip safety antennas
•Digital Signal strength meter
•Audio system with watertight speaker and ear plug jack
•Uses HB9CV antenna technology (Phased Array)
•Lightweight
•Integrated targeting and mapping software
•Uses android cell phone (lollipop or newer)
•Remote viewing is available from base
•Rugged mount for Cell Phone.
•Remote bearing trigger
•6-AA batteries (10 hours of continuous use)
•Selectable GPS formats

Efficiency
Search and rescue missions can cost tens of thousands of dollars in manpower and equipment deployment, and if the mission does not find the target in a timely manner, the tragedy of the loss of life is immeasurable.

In recent tests with the US Navy, TigerStrike technology beat all other competitors. The designated target was a Navy Seal in the water miles away with only a locator beacon. The TigerStrike technology was able to locate the beacon within 2 minutes. Other companies failed to locate the beacon at all! Firestorm's UAV was the only one that successfully took off and landed from the fantail of their Navy M80 ship!

For more information or an Online Presentation contact us at murray.craig@fsuav.com  (866)444-6493

sardak

Previous discussions were on 406 versions. This is a 121.5 only version. https://www.fsuav.com/tigerstrike-lite/

The 406 versions are listed under the products tab on the fsuav website.

Mike

Spam

Sardak - teammates:  do they have a 243 version?  (Asking for work, interested in one TRL6 or better)

Thanks
Spam

Eclipse

I just got a voice mail from them indicating that John Desmaris bought one "of the ten we made".

No indication on price.

Edit:  Scrolling back in the list of VM's (GVoice Transcription), I see they also called in May regarding the
"inquiry I (didn't) make...".

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

From an email sent today:

QuoteThe TigerStrike Lite with handles and antennas    $2,495.00
Options include:
Cell phone cradle for $ 299.00
Custom travel case $ 295.00
Targeting and Mapping software $ 395.00
Military grade Somin Android Cell phone $ 995.00
  Extended 2yr warranty $ 195.00
  Extended 3yr warranty $ 245.00
  Extended 4yr warranty $ 299.00

Inquiries about volume discounts and customized, option bundles pricing are welcome.

Ouch.

Ozzy

I wonder if I could ask for a review unit to test it out to see if it viable for what we do... I'll give it back.... eventually  ;)
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on July 27, 2018, 10:01:25 PM
From an email sent today:

QuoteThe TigerStrike Lite with handles and antennas    $2,495.00
Options include:
Cell phone cradle for $ 299.00
Custom travel case $ 295.00
Targeting and Mapping software $ 395.00
Military grade Somin Android Cell phone $ 995.00
  Extended 2yr warranty $ 195.00
  Extended 3yr warranty $ 245.00
  Extended 4yr warranty $ 299.00

Inquiries about volume discounts and customized, option bundles pricing are welcome.

Ouch.

Seriously - this is not even remotely reasonable for CAP to consider when a complete Sniffer is under $400.

They even marked up the cell phone $150.

"That Others May Zoom"