Main Menu

NCO chevron sizes

Started by J2H, March 23, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

J2H

Is there a noticeable difference between the 3.5" and 4" NCO chevrons?  I have 4 sets of the large (2x for ABU 1x for blues shirt, 1x for lightweight coat), but now I see that the shirts require the 3.5" ones (I have been out of the AF for a few years so my memory of 36-2903 is fuzzy), would I have to purchase a set of the small ones?
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Fester

If 39-1 calls for 3.5" chevrons, you should buy 3.5" chevrons.  Integrity and all.....
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Fester

The ABU transition letter calls for 4" chevrons for males....

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/static/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_0138683E8BE29.pdf

39-1 calls for 4" on the Service Coat, 3 1/2" on the Blues shirt and 4" on the lightweight jacket for males.  So you only need one set of 3.5".

And you have CAP Chevrons, right?  There is a difference between AF insignia and CAP insignia.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

J2H

I do have the large CAP chevrons yes... I ended up buying one set of the smaller ones... 12.45 for a pr and then 8 bucks to ship... I just bought ONE CAP ABU tape and paid $5 including shipping

LATORRECA

I guess the purchase were through Vangard. It's bad enough by ripping up our pockets because we are a captive audience.
Yep that's why I stayed officer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kwe1009

Quote from: LATORRECA on March 25, 2018, 09:19:02 AM
I guess the purchase were through Vangard. It's bad enough by ripping up our pockets because we are a captive audience.
Yep that's why I stayed officer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how this is Vanguard's fault.  They are the only place you can buy CAP NCO rank but the different sized chevrons are for different uniforms. 

winterg

Quote from: J2H on March 23, 2018, 07:17:38 AM
Is there a noticeable difference between the 3.5" and 4" NCO chevrons?  I have 4 sets of the large (2x for ABU 1x for blues shirt, 1x for lightweight coat), but now I see that the shirts require the 3.5" ones (I have been out of the AF for a few years so my memory of 36-2903 is fuzzy), would I have to purchase a set of the small ones?

There is a noticeable difference.  Always use the 3.5 chevrons on the blues or aviator shirts.  But really do it because that is what the regs require.

J2H