Main Menu

39-1 PP

Started by MrsRoe, March 13, 2018, 03:34:25 AM

MrsRoe

None of the old PowerPoint on the 39-1 seem to exist anymore. Does anyone have one or know where I can find one?

If not could you direct me to where the PowerPoint template is, if we're required to use it.

I should mention that my child spent 4 days learning to use pp, putting together a presentation, and I deleted it. This is not the first time I have done this, last time it was her carefully worded encampment application. please save me.
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

Fester

Someone should teach her about properly backing up a computer.... :P

I haven't seen a PP presentation that isn't drastically out of date. 
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Okayish Aviator

I think one of my C/Lt's made a PP presentation on the topic a couple months ago. I'll see if I can get a copy and I'll post here.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

MrsRoe

Quote from: Fester on March 13, 2018, 03:37:59 AM
Someone should teach her about properly backing up a computer.... :P

I haven't seen a PP presentation that isn't drastically out of date.

She quietly walked over, unplugged her laptop and says "I understand you are my mom and you bought this for me, but please don't ever touch it again" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

MrsRoe

Quote from: DocJekyll on March 13, 2018, 11:24:35 AM
I think one of my C/Lt's made a PP presentation on the topic a couple months ago. I'll see if I can get a copy and I'll post here.

Thanks a million

dwb

It's not PPT, but the uniform pages of the New Cadet Kit are some of the best references for uniforms.

See here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/newcadet/wearing-the-uniform/

kwe1009

Quote from: MrsRoe on March 13, 2018, 03:34:25 AM
None of the old PowerPoint on the 39-1 seem to exist anymore. Does anyone have one or know where I can find one?

If not could you direct me to where the PowerPoint template is, if we're required to use it.

I should mention that my child spent 4 days learning to use pp, putting together a presentation, and I deleted it. This is not the first time I have done this, last time it was her carefully worded encampment application. please save me.

If you are using a Windows computer the file should be in the "Recycle Bin" just go to it and you can undelete it. 

MrsRoe

Quote from: kwe1009 on March 13, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

If you are using a Windows computer the file should be in the "Recycle Bin" just go to it and you can undelete it.
I reconfigured (not for the first time) her flash drive. I swear I'm not a moron or out to ruin her life lol. Just some sort of curse in regards to her CAP files.

MrsRoe

Quote from: dwb on March 13, 2018, 01:22:29 PM
It's not PPT, but the uniform pages of the New Cadet Kit are some of the best references for uniforms.

See here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/newcadet/wearing-the-uniform/
That's very helpful. Thank you.

kwe1009

Quote from: MrsRoe on March 13, 2018, 03:31:55 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on March 13, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

I reconfigured (not for the first time) her flash drive. I swear I'm not a moron or out to ruin her life lol. Just some sort of curse in regards to her CAP files.

My recommendation is to make use of the many free online storage sites (Google Drive, OneDrive) so this issue doesn't pop up.  I learned that lesson the hard way.

Capmonkey

@Mrs. Roe, I just had my CAP jumpdrive make me configure, but I couldn't figure out how. Advice?

MrsRoe

Quote from: Capmonkey on March 13, 2018, 05:12:33 PM
@Mrs. Roe, I just had my CAP jumpdrive make me configure, but I couldn't figure out how. Advice?

Whatever I did I brought it up near where you right click then select eject.

MrsRoe

Thanks everyone. She managed to get a pretty decent 15 minute lesson redone on ABUs only to arrive at the meeting and find out our TV died lol

dwb

Quote from: MrsRoe on March 14, 2018, 03:35:37 PM
...only to arrive at the meeting and find out our TV died lol

You're not allowed around technology anymore!  :P

MrsRoe

Quote from: dwb on March 14, 2018, 06:54:52 PM
Quote from: MrsRoe on March 14, 2018, 03:35:37 PM
...only to arrive at the meeting and find out our TV died lol

You're not allowed around technology anymore!  :P
Exactly what my child and several cadets said too lol