Main Menu

U.S. Space Corps and CAP

Started by CyBorgII, July 21, 2017, 01:23:01 PM

CyBorgII

I am sure I am not the only one who has heard about the possible splitting-off of a putative U.S. Space Corps from the USAF.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congress-aims-to-develop-new-military-space-corps-branch/

If this were to happen, how would it affect the relationship between the CAP and the Air Force?  Or would it have any effect?  Or would the CAP have auxiliary (currently AUXON/AUXOFF) status to the new USSC?
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.

Eclipse

No effect on CAP whatsoever.

This is politics and a patch change for those involved, and CAP isn't /won't be

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Mattis already came out against this as being dumb.

PHall

Not happening as long as the Current SECDEF and Joint Chiefs are around. This is some congresscritter's solution looking for a problem.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: PHall on July 22, 2017, 12:43:45 AM
Not happening as long as the Current SECDEF and Joint Chiefs are around. This is some congresscritter's solution looking for a problem.

Specifically, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), chair of the House Armed Services Committee's strategic forces subcommittee. Mattis, SecAf, Goldfein...everyone who actually knows stuff is dead-set against it.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

CAPLTC

Quote from: ProdigalJim on July 22, 2017, 02:40:47 AM
Specifically, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), chair of the House Armed Services Committee's strategic forces subcommittee. Mattis, SecAf, Goldfein...everyone who actually knows stuff is dead-set against it.

I do not have much of an opinion but, it looks like it's staying.
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/white-house-mattis-lose-as-space-corps-proposal-survives-in-defense-policy-bill
Am told that it's analogous to the USMC-USN relationship, only a Space Corps within the Air Force.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis