Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2017, 02:33:13 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: U.S. Space Corps and CAP
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: U.S. Space Corps and CAP  (Read 617 times)
CyBorgII
Recruit

Unit: USCG AUX

« on: July 21, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »

I am sure I am not the only one who has heard about the possible splitting-off of a putative U.S. Space Corps from the USAF.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congress-aims-to-develop-new-military-space-corps-branch/

If this were to happen, how would it affect the relationship between the CAP and the Air Force?  Or would it have any effect?  Or would the CAP have auxiliary (currently AUXON/AUXOFF) status to the new USSC?
Permanently ex-CAP, now back in the CG Auxiliary and digging it no end.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »

No effect on CAP whatsoever.

This is politics and a patch change for those involved, and CAP isn't /won't be

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »

Mattis already came out against this as being dumb.
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »

Not happening as long as the Current SECDEF and Joint Chiefs are around. This is some congresscritter's solution looking for a problem.
ProdigalJim
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-VA-082

Aviation Week
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:40:47 PM »

Not happening as long as the Current SECDEF and Joint Chiefs are around. This is some congresscritter's solution looking for a problem.

Specifically, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), chair of the House Armed Services Committee's strategic forces subcommittee. Mattis, SecAf, Goldfein...everyone who actually knows stuff is dead-set against it.
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Commander, VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...
CAPLTC
Recruit

Unit: MER

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

Specifically, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), chair of the House Armed Services Committee's strategic forces subcommittee. Mattis, SecAf, Goldfein...everyone who actually knows stuff is dead-set against it.

I do not have much of an opinion but, it looks like it's staying.
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/white-house-mattis-lose-as-space-corps-proposal-survives-in-defense-policy-bill
Am told that it's analogous to the USMC-USN relationship, only a Space Corps within the Air Force.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: U.S. Space Corps and CAP