QUICK QUESTION: How do I receive ribbons I am qualified for?

Started by BKW, July 20, 2017, 08:45:00 PM

BKW

I have "recruited" 2 of my friends and have roughly 100 service hours, how do I receive the ribbons earned by doing those two things? Is there a link in eservices? I couldn't find an existing answer due to the amount of posts regarding ribbons.

Eclipse

Both of the above need to be submitted and approved by someone on your unit staff.

Discuss this with them, and if they feel you deserve them, they will submit the appropriate paperwork.

Presumably the 100 hours you refer to are community service - you will need to present a memo, email, or similar
from the non-CAP third party you worked for. At 60 hours per award, you would only qualify for the initial ribbon
until you can substantiate an additional 20 hours for an attachment.

"That Others May Zoom"

BKW

Thank you! I have received the gold presidential service award, so hopefully that will be valid.

Eclipse

Quote from: BKW on July 20, 2017, 08:53:31 PM
Thank you! I have received the gold presidential service award, so hopefully that will be valid.

Congrats on the PVSA, but you'll need the letter(s) from the people you served, not the PVSA cert, etc.

And of course we're talking about non-CAP activities.

"That Others May Zoom"

BKW

Ok i'm pretty sure i have that lying around somewhere from when I applied for the PVSA, thanks again!

MSG Mac

Regarding the two friends recruited. did they put your name on the membership form as the person responsible for recruiting them? If so NHQ will have a report in E-Services showing you as the recruiter. If not, submit a CAPF 2a listing their names and make sure that they'll back you up on having recruited them.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

CyBorgII

Make sure you have a good relationship with your CC.

No matter if you have qualified or not for an award, if s/he does not want you to have it, you likely will not get it.
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.

vorteks

Quote from: CyBorgII on July 21, 2017, 01:24:29 PM
Make sure you have a good relationship with your CC.

No matter if you have qualified or not for an award, if s/he does not want you to have it, you likely will not get it.

Let it go man

PHall

CyBorg, you're doing it again.....  Yes we know you're bitter, let.it.go.....

Al Sayre

>:D It's easy, just send Vanguard your credit card number... >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)