I'm finally a CFI!!!

Started by Pace, June 15, 2007, 11:33:43 PM

Pace

As of noon today, I'm a Certified Flight Instructor (SE)!  I'm pretty sure that's the hardest test I've ever taken.

Now I get to corrupt the next generation of pilots (and get paid to do it).  >:D
Lt Col, CAP

IceNine

Paid is a relative term in flight instruction...

interested in instructing out of BMI?

Congrats!
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Capt M. Sherrod

Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Pace

Quote from: J.Hendricks on June 15, 2007, 11:36:04 PM
Paid is a relative term in flight instruction...
This is true, but at least now I have money flowing in instead of pouring out.  Plus, since I'm at a 142 school that is starved for instructors, I have plenty of students to have a full load.  I didn't have my temporary airman certificate 30 minutes before my department head was trying to give me the names and phones numbers of at least 5 students with the ability to have as many more as I can handle.
Lt Col, CAP

Psicorp

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Pylon

Congratulations!  Quite an accomplishment!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mdickinson

Congrats, and welcome to the club.

Now you will enjoy getting paid (for each hour you're in the airplane with the engine running  :-\ ) for doing what you love - and also have the bittersweet situation of trying to explain to CAP members why you can't give them 20 hrs of instruction for their instrument rating for free...

flynd94

Correct me if I am wrong but under FAR Part 142 isn't most the training done in Sims?  I am an old 141 grad (UND 94) and, the understanding I am under (talking with Riddle students) that they do most of their training in Frasca's and such.  Also, I would encourage you to get out a do some instructing Part 61.  Sometimes (i am not saying you) folks who are grads of 141/142 schools teach as robots.

Congrats and welcome to the club.  Let me know when you first student tries to kill you.   ;D
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

Pace

Thanks everybody for all the congrats.  It's been hard work getting here, but I think I'm going to stop training after I get my double I and teach with what I've got.  I'm enrolling back in school for a BSN [thinking to self: God I hope I get it right this time].
Quote from: flynd94 on June 18, 2007, 03:59:06 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but under FAR Part 142 isn't most the training done in Sims?  I am an old 141 grad (UND 94) and, the understanding I am under (talking with Riddle students) that they do most of their training in Frasca's and such.  Also, I would encourage you to get out a do some instructing Part 61.  Sometimes (i am not saying you) folks who are grads of 141/142 schools teach as robots.
We just got our 142 status a few months ago.  I went 141 for my private, instrument, and commercial; and 61 for my CFI.  These new guys have the option of going 142, 141, or 61; however, once they go 61 they're stuck.  It's a lot of sim work in 142, especially in the instrument course.

Anywho, I starting with my first student in the morning: a commercial student who needs about 20 more dual hours, a CX or two, and complex aircraft and final stage checks.  He wants to be done by Friday so he can go to American Flyers for his CFI sometime in July (I leave on Saturday for the rest of the month).

The student pilots start Tuesday.

Oh, and I've already had people asking me for sign-offs (high altitude and other assorted ratings that I don't have in my own logbook). ::)
Lt Col, CAP

flyguy06

Hey i am at American Flyers now (Pompano Beach, FL) working on my CFI and CFII. Congradulations to you.