Vanguard selling new type of CAP Polo

Started by Ozzy, July 10, 2017, 07:35:20 PM

NIN

Quote from: chuckmilam on July 13, 2017, 06:59:01 PM
Something, something, cart before horse, something.

Oh, come on, Chuck, you've been at this as long as me. Occasionally, thats how it works.

Otherwise, we'd be saying "something, something, Vanguard, something" :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: chuckmilam on July 13, 2017, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: NIN on July 13, 2017, 04:48:15 PM...the Vanguard side was ready before the CAP side.

Something, something, cart before horse, something.

Psshhh...the horse hasn't been funded for 10 years and "...the cart's gonna be great, great.  It's gonna be huge..."

The current, broken version is now 3 years old, and everything is still on hold because somebody upgraded
the machine with all the .pdfs on it to Windows 10 and now Acrobat 7 won't work, so they can't change the numbers on the first page.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ozzy

Well, looks like I'll have the polos by either Saturday or Monday... Vanguard just sent me a shipping email. Not too shabby, considering three days to ship the shirts with embroidery added. I'll send some good quality pictures comparing the two and the size differences between the XL regular polo and the XL tactical one.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

coudano

the real question is can we wear it untucked
it is, after all, tactical.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: N6RVT on July 13, 2017, 09:36:04 AM
Quote from: 68w20 on July 13, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
The tactical version is pretty dark.  I saw one at a squadron meeting recently and legitimately thought that the member had had the seal embroidered on a self-purchased black polo.

Sounds like LAPD blue.  I just ordered one, so when it arrives I will do a side-by-side photo comparison and if I come up with anything significant I will post the pictures here.

LAPD calls it "midnight navy."

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

BuckeyeDEJ

"Tactical golf shirt."

What about that strikes me as funny? Other than that with my golf game, other people should be wearing them on the links.

FORE!

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

N6RVT

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on July 13, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Well if you want to be super picky we should both be calling it "PANTONE 19-4110".  Except that would actually be a real uniform quality specification and Vanguard doesn't do that.

chuckmilam

Quote from: NIN on July 13, 2017, 07:15:24 PM
Oh, come on, Chuck, you've been at this as long as me. Occasionally, thats how it works.

Shh!  You'll blow my cover.  The forum system still thinks I'm new to all this.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: N6RVT on July 14, 2017, 08:54:48 AM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on July 13, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Well if you want to be super picky we should both be calling it "PANTONE 19-4110".  Except that would actually be a real uniform quality specification and Vanguard doesn't do that.

Not being picky. Just offering a piece of trivia. Retain it and win a bar bet sometime. Or don't. I don't care.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

CAPLTC

Good.
This is a positive update.
I wish they'd do a button-down as an option too.
Ala:
http://www.511tactical.com/511-tactical-shirt-short-sleeve-cotton.html
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

chuckmilam

A decent 5.11-style button-down might work, as long as it doesn't invoke memories of the CAP guayabera shirt option from the 1990s.  Eeesh. 

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: chuckmilam on July 17, 2017, 01:05:16 PM
A decent 5.11-style button-down might work, as long as it doesn't invoke memories of the CAP guayabera shirt option from the 1990s.  Eeesh.

Guayabera shirt? Gedoudadaway, I'm a-gonna...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

OK, I feel better now that I've turned my guts inside out...  :)   :D   ;D   :o >:D

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Ozzy

Anyways, I received my shipment today... And it is missing one of the shirts. However the one I did receive I am pleasantly surprised how much I like it. It does look a tad dark compared to the old polo and it is definitely longer, although my old polo has shrunk a bit since I got it. The loops on the shoulders for radio mics aren't as prominent as I expected, which is a good thing IMO. The brand is CornerStone and the shirt is called "Select Snag Proof Tactical Polo" if you want to look it up, the polo seems to get good reviews on Amazon at least...
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

chuckmilam

I wear an XL in the "standard" knit polo...how's the sizing on this one?

Ozzy

Quote from: chuckmilam on July 17, 2017, 03:15:20 PM
I wear an XL in the "standard" knit polo...how's the sizing on this one?

How does your standard knit feel? A little snug or big? If it feels like it fits okay or a little loose, I think the XL would be right for you. If it's snug, maybe the 2XL might be better. My standard polo seems to have shrunk a little bit even though it's polyester so while it still fits, it's not as roomy as it used to be. The new polo has a slightly tapered fit it seems so while it fits pretty good now, I hope that although it's made out of polyester, it won't shrink at all or very little.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

Ozzy

Quote from: N6RVT on July 13, 2017, 09:36:04 AM
Quote from: 68w20 on July 13, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
The tactical version is pretty dark.  I saw one at a squadron meeting recently and legitimately thought that the member had had the seal embroidered on a self-purchased black polo.

Sounds like LAPD blue.  I just ordered one, so when it arrives I will do a side-by-side photo comparison and if I come up with anything significant I will post the pictures here.

Color according to the manufacturer is Dark Navy Blue. It does look pretty good though and I'll post pictures tonight
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

chuckmilam

Quote from: Ozzy on July 17, 2017, 04:25:00 PM
How does your standard knit feel? A little snug or big? If it feels like it fits okay or a little loose, I think the XL would be right for you.
I'm in the okay/little loose area with the XL knit, so this is exactly what I needed to hear.  Thanks!

Ozzy

Yeah, XL should be good. And here are the pictures:

Yellowish light:
White-ish light:
Outdoor light:
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

SarDragon

Color-wise, the new shirt is closer in color to my 2003 era polo shirts than to the more recent ones. The fabric is closer, too, 60% cotton, 40% polyester.

My long sleeve shirt has the coarser weave, lighter color fabric, 35% polyester, 65% cotton.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Paul Creed III

So, the question is: are the new tactical polos the soon-to-be default, 39-1 approved version since that'll make three versions of the embroidered polo out there - the cotton version that fades after two washes (and is no longer sold), the "new" blended version with the orange label (left side of the photos above) that seems to hold up well, and the new tactical one.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager