Main Menu

recruitment ribbon

Started by regina44, May 21, 2017, 02:07:11 PM

regina44

I am unable to get a clear answer on this topic regarding the wearing of recruitment ribbon. If you get 2 members to sign up and join are you entitled to wear the recruitment ribbon or do they have to stay in the unit for a year to get the ribbon?

Eclipse

Cadets who get 2 new attributed members to join, or 7 new for seniors,
wear it with no time limit or minimum on either the new member or wearer.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

CAPR 39-3, Paragraph 21k covers Recruiting Ribbons. Nothing in there about how long the recruit has to stay a member.

EMT-83

That would be the Retention Ribbon.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: EMT-83 on May 21, 2017, 06:00:53 PM
That would be the Retention Ribbon.

Nonexistent like our retention? I'll see myself out

NIN

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 21, 2017, 09:26:28 PM
Nonexistent like our retention? I'll see myself out

I see what you did there.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: regina44 on May 21, 2017, 02:07:11 PM
I am unable to get a clear answer on this topic regarding the wearing of recruitment ribbon. If you get 2 members to sign up and join are you entitled to wear the recruitment ribbon or do they have to stay in the unit for a year to get the ribbon?

Good question. There is no particular time a member must stay an active member in order for you to receive the ribbon, HOWEVER, that doesn't mean recruit all the people like throwing noodles at a wall to see what sticks. As an effective recruiter part of your duties are to find the RIGHT people, and to make sure cadets or seniors aren't joining on impulse, but are actually doing so because they believe in the program and it's mission. There's a reason cadets have a 3 meeting minimum before joining. Like the others were saying, retention is almost considered a bigger deal than recruiting, because you can get all the people you want to join, but if they aren't staying it's not doing you or the organization any good.

Those members you recruit will need to have you added as the recruiting credit in E-services in order to be authorized the ribbon, and an F2A being put in your personnel record by your squadron commander or his/her delegated representitive doesn't hurt either.

~SER R&R Ofc.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.