How long does it take to get GT3

Started by jfkspotting, May 21, 2017, 01:01:29 AM

jfkspotting

In a timeframe, or a number of training exercises, how long does it take the average cadet to obtain a GT3?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Concur.  Average, about a year. I'd say the same is true for most officers that I've worked with, as well. Its not just a cadet thing.

That's with some assumptions: if motivated, if you/your unit has access to motivated SET qualified evaluators, adequate field training/evaluation conditions (it is simply not possible to become signed off to the standards without access to outdoors land navigation areas and mandatory overnight exercises in the field, etc.) and periodic AFAM missions (you'll need to perform adequately on at LEAST two under the supervision of a SET qualified trainer). Many (good) evaluators will add training time and/or AFAMs until the trainee meets standards.

V/r
Spam

coudano

From when you joined?
From when you started training?

I mean NESA GSAR is a 1 week course...
of course you have to have graduated an encampment before you can go to that...
and you have to be a C/Amn before you can do the encampment...

but yeah.

If you are training locally, it probably depends more on where in the training cycle you happen to fall when you start your membership.  For example, if you join in the fall, and your squadron typically starts training ground teams at the start of summer... yeah it's might be a year.

On the other hand, if you join in the middle of spring, and your squadron usually starts training at the start of summer...  probably faster.

hamburgee

Quote from: coudano on May 21, 2017, 04:13:33 AM
of course you have to have graduated an encampment before you can go to that...
Prior encampment is preferred, however​ not required.

xray328

Do yourself a favor and try to get to NESA. Best instructors all gathered together in one location and you knock it out in one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamburgee

And if you want, you can get GTM1 in two weeks there.

sarmed1

Relative to the training plan and training venue. I have in the past taken people from GES to GTM3 in a 5 day training activity, including first aid and CPR.
In a non week long activity it would not be unreasonable to say 3 training weekends.

MK
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel