Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 02:27:45 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Types of packs for NESA's 24 and 72 hour pack.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Types of packs for NESA's 24 and 72 hour pack.  (Read 1027 times)
diegoochoaaa
Recruit

« on: May 06, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »

I'll be attending NESA this summer and as I was looking for packs to store the 24 and 72 hour items, I have no idea what will hold everything and what can store the 24 and 72 into one pack (as the NESA basic ground team school states). 

If you've attended NESA recently, please let me know the type of bag you got and if it worked well for you.

lordmonar
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »

If you are going to buy something.....go with the cheapest you can find.    You can get a good used ALICE LARGE with a Frame for around $50 if you look hard enough.
That should be fine for both your 72 hour gear.  Take a small school type back pack that you can easily strap on to the back of the ALICE pack.

Have fun.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP
Pacific Region
diegoochoaaa
Recruit

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »

If you are going to buy something.....go with the cheapest you can find.    You can get a good used ALICE LARGE with a Frame for around $50 if you look hard enough.
That should be fine for both your 72 hour gear.  Take a small school type back pack that you can easily strap on to the back of the ALICE pack.

Have fun.
Thanks for replying! Do you happen to have a picture or link you could send of the pack?
Thanks
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »

Have fun.
Thanks for replying! Do you happen to have a picture or link you could send of the pack?
Thanks

Link
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
HandsomeWalt_USMC
Recruit

Unit: NER-MA-019

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:02:21 PM »

I see what you did there. We'll played, sir. Well played.
Semper Fidelis
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Types of packs for NESA's 24 and 72 hour pack.