Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 07:01:35 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Anyone tried one of these True North Vests? They're on sale
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Anyone tried one of these True North Vests? They're on sale  (Read 2564 times)
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

We see it differently, then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Luis R. Ramos
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »

That guy appears to have never been in serious missions with aircrews.

Aircrew will see him differently as well. Or maybe not at all...

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »

The intent is safety and visibility. Obstructing it with non compliant gear does not seem to me as the intent.

So what about letting folks just wear what they like, and then as they start a mission, have them all line up and spray 'em down with this:

MS - MO - AP - MP
Panzerbjorn
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-NC-048

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »

Buy it, wear your ANSI 2/3 vest over your uniform's outermost layer, and then put this on. You're still compliant per 62-1 as noted above.

Maybe the letter, but not the spirit. Integrity something something as well.

Did you look at the back of the vest?  There doesn't seem to be anything there that would significantly cover up an ANSI rated safety vest and what is covered up in front is "replaced" by the reflective material on the front of the vest.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 12:43:22 AM »

Buy it, wear your ANSI 2/3 vest over your uniform's outermost layer, and then put this on. You're still compliant per 62-1 as noted above.

Maybe the letter, but not the spirit. Integrity something something as well.

Did you look at the back of the vest?  There doesn't seem to be anything there that would significantly cover up an ANSI rated safety vest and what is covered up in front is "replaced" by the reflective material on the front of the vest.

Nope.

Assuming 1" wide reflective stripes, with a total length of 22", that's a total ares of 22 in2, less than half of the 52 in2 area of the front of the ANSI 2 compliant vest in my flight bag. The vest in the OP would cover up almost all of the reflective material on the front of mine.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Anyone tried one of these True North Vests? They're on sale