Dismissed from CAP for reporting financial fraud

Started by aestu, November 23, 2016, 11:57:14 PM

stitchmom

Quote from: aestu on November 24, 2016, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: stitchmom on November 24, 2016, 05:47:29 AM
You called them out and now they have a smear campaign against you.  :(  I would cut my losses and move on someone above them is letting it go on. A lot of the world wants things to just to keep going above all else unfortunately.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't want to move on because I liked doing CAP and I don't want that door to close behind me. There is also the statute of limitations to consider.

I say move on only to protect yourself, it seems like they are extremely aggressive to do something like this. As far as who is above them allowing it I'm sure you are not the first or last to be burned and wow a couple doing it together. My point is disordered people can do a lot of harm to your personal life and there always seems to be others willing to do their bidding.

I'm sorry this happened to you it seems like the saying about no good deed is true sometimes.  :(

Flying Pig

Quote from: aestu on November 23, 2016, 11:57:14 PM

I call and ask why, the excuse given was three misdemeanor arrests - two "young and stupid" and one fraudulent charge during a botched home invasion; no convictions. I had already passed my background check, and the date on the envelope didn't match the date on the letter, which was the day after the email to the wing commander.

As a 20 year cop, this doesnt make sense.  You got a fraudulent charge as a result of a botched home invasion you were part of?  What does that mean? 

Brad

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 27, 2016, 12:43:12 PM
Quote from: aestu on November 23, 2016, 11:57:14 PM

I call and ask why, the excuse given was three misdemeanor arrests - two "young and stupid" and one fraudulent charge during a botched home invasion; no convictions. I had already passed my background check, and the date on the envelope didn't match the date on the letter, which was the day after the email to the wing commander.

As a 20 year cop, this doesnt make sense.  You got a fraudulent charge as a result of a botched home invasion you were part of?  What does that mean?

I read it more so as he got hooked up by mistake on a good faith search warrant, but that's just me.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Flying Pig

Ahhhhhhh.  Meaning the police did the "home invasion"?

PHall

Gents, we're only getting one side of the story. And I don't think we're getting all of the story either. ???

NIN

If it's only one side,  Phil,  it's definitely not the whole thing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: NIN on November 27, 2016, 10:55:00 PM
If it's only one side,  Phil,  it's definitely not the whole thing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Actually, he could, in theory, give both sides. But I'm not holding my breath on that one. [insert blue faced smiley here]

Mitchell 1969

I'm not sure what the point of this thread actually is. The OP told half of a story, asked what to do and got some answers. From there on, all I saw is continuation of the half story, and neither need nor venue for the other half the be posted publicly.

This thread is practically begging to be locked. And now I'm actually begging for same. There is no resolution likely here and the original question has been answered. So, please, before this gets even deeper into embarrassment, potential defamation and general deepening of a hole that will be harder and harder from which to extract people, can this thread meet its demise, please?

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret